Thursday, April 06, 2006

weights and cardio in the bag for today

So I'm glad to have them done today, had a good weight workout and a great cardio. I try not to think about my cardio to much, just get there and get it over with, and push push push. :)

This is the third week of me following JD's program nearly coming to an end, I know I'm getting fitter and stronger, however I think I am carrying a bit of fluid, (I look a little puffy) I have been taking creatine, which I haven't before, any body got an opinion on this???

Overall I don't really mind if it makes me look a little puffy if it's advantages out weigh it, if you know wheat I mean, anyway jacob is still a little crook so I'm still off uni, dear me I will have a lot of catching up to do.
take care guys and have a great arternoon :)
Ali xx

5 comments:

Splice said...

Great workout woohooo lol. I always love to hear that!
As for the creatine, I dont think it makes you puffy. What is it called and are you on protein or anything else for that matter,e.g.vitamins, supplements.
Splice.

Ali said...

thanks Splice,

yes I take protein and muti vitamins, and have started taking creatine, glutamine and dextrose in a pre and post shake. I bought a rapid absorption effervescent creatine, put out by BALANCE. It wasn't expensive so hope that is no reflection on it's quailty.
It tastes bloody good, I got the lemon/lime flavour and adds an unusal but yummy taste to my shake.

What supps do you take?

Splice said...

I haven't tried the effervescent creatine. Not sure about it, but if you feel it working during your workout then it must be ok.
I take protein (lots and lots of it lol), creatine but not the standard creatine due to it being to hard on my kidney. I take multi-vitamins too.
I think your puffiness may be a short term thing, you body will undergo many changes. Dont change anything just yet, see how it goes.

Chontelle said...

What does Creatine do?

Ali said...

I don't know heaps about creatine chon, but adding to what Lia said.

Creatine can assist in increasing your strength, also your lean body mass, and to a lesser extent your endurance. One reason it can increase your weight, and make you look bigger is because it increases your water weight, because it pulls and retains water in your muscles.

Thanks for your input girls :) enjoy the rest of your weekend