Friday, May 26, 2006

prac nearly over

Well today will be the last day of this prac. I have enjoyed it heaps!! They must be one of the loveliest groups of kids I have had for a while. I could have bought a few of them home with me, ooowwww maybe, just maybe I could ask their parents today if they would like to swap for a couple of teenagers LOL Actually my kids are pretty good, I love em heaps as mum’s do. Having three teenagers all living under the same roof, with all very strong opinions and attitudes, is always fun……. The things my 2 year old picks up he says to me the other day would you believe “can you hook a brother up!!!” I said pardon????? He repeats it and his 15 year old sibling, the one pictured below laughs, well wonder who taught him that. A while back he was going around saying “want a piece of me” of course I assumed it was the same brother who taught him to say that, well the little guy was watching Toy Story, and there it was one of the characters said it. Kids are sponges aren’t they.


Now I learnt a few things about myself and my organisational skills or lack off should I say. I have become very motivated when it comes to my exercise and training over the past 6 months. However in the past I have become very slack with training if I am under pressure. On this prac I trained no matter what, even when I felt stuffed. I showed myself I could train under time restrictions and when I thought I was tired, now cardio could have pushed a bit harder maybe, but I did it . Now I have exams coming up, so will endeavour to balance my next prac, study for exam and train and kids ect.

Now that is all good and well. What I did discover ( I knew it just ignoring it I think lately) is I obviously waste quite a lot of time with day to day stuff. If I can accomplish what I did on prac I am going to get a lot more productive in all areas of my like, so over the next few weeks, I’ll plot this out.

Things like making time to meditate, been a non event for me for to long now, in the past I have meditated daily. Sometimes when I kid myself I am studying, I get side tracked and waste time on the net. For me that is a terrible time waster, sure sometimes it is productive. However I have actually caught myself thinking, well what I can look up now to avoid my assignment. *LOL* Another thing I can tend to do is clean my house instead of studying, now this is all good and well when it needs it, like right now!!! But it sure is a good avaidance stretegy I could go on….. I’m sure you get the picture. So I am going to challenge myself to be more time productive over the next month or so. Then reassess it and go from there. I am fed up with myself wasting to much time we all only have 24 hours in a day, I am amazed just how much some people get done every day of their lives. Like my friend Kimmy here it is quite amazing what that woman accomplishes every day of her life!

Hope yopu all have a marvelous day, I had better get stuck in.

10 comments:

Kimmy said...

Just wrote you this super long comment and lost it - no time to rewrite :) Will be back tonight if I have time :)
Kimmy

Splice said...

"want a piece of me" lol, I remember when my son was 4 years old and saying that. Soooo cute they are when they are that little.
They grow up so fast.
My little guy is now 8 going on 28.
I also wanted to mention how proud I am of you for your dedication toward your training, even through all the business you have been under.
Keep it up hun.
Deb

RaeC said...

Oh your little one sounds soooooo cute!! Awesome to hear that you are working on your preparation and time management. That is one thing that is required in order to achieve your goals!! You are going fantastic Ali... keep up the great work!! xxx

Ali said...

thanks guys, kids are cute aren't they, thanks heaps for the positive encouragement, it means a lot. have an awesome week

Ali xxx

Miss Positive said...

Hi Alison - I can understand putting off studying! I dont think anyone is a big fan of that! Good on you for making the decision to manage your time better. I reckon I need to do that too. Good luck with it!

Em said...

Well i am lucky as i only have one (for now ;) )
But i still think its cute when they come up with grown up talk like that hehe

Hun you did a wonderfull job during your prac and you can do it in your day to day life too i just know you can ;)

Exams grr hate them i always freeze up :(

Have a good time "plotting" out and organizing yourself love its worth the extra effort :)

Em:)

Raw Food Girl said...

Yay u have nearly finished! I start my prac next week for four weeks. I am very nervous as it is my last one! Do u have any tips or advise for me??? That would be great! I have Receptions which is 5-6 year olds. Very cute in their little uniforms!
Love Sandra x

Rachel said...

I didn't realise you are in Canb - I grew up there! Are you at UC or ACU? My Mum taught primary in Waramanga and had most of my friends as her student teachers which was wierd. You sound like you had a wonderful week last week How has this week been?

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! International personal liability business insurance Moving company rates Natural treatment for rosacea Divorce filing fees for hillsdale mi Causes of acne rosacea What is a new disciples class Cabinet gas grills http://www.invention-patent-8.info Canon ip 4200 printer Infiniti of tacoma at fife High dose of lipitor to treat crp

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! football gear citi bank dental credit card jobs in naturism Celexa how long amateurs cumming Teen rhinoplasty big nose tip lasik doctor oklahoma headlight s60 volvo Liposuction in brazil lasik eye surgery ny Citizen answering machines Breast augmentation cost in california irvine laser eye surgery