Thursday, January 31, 2008

Well last night after my Boot Camp class (once I recovered) I was wired!! So I didn’t get to bed until late. I do tend to stay up late to often, just love the solitude of night time. I got a lot of things done though, such as grocery shopping and cleaning, with four kids I seem to spend quite a bit of time shopping for food, all good though, I see there is going to be an enquiry into our food prices, which is good.

As of next week school is back here so I will not be able to stay up so late. I have just been sorting out my study load, seems the face to face teaching for my Masters will be condensed into weekend attendance, the rest will be online learning. My fitness certificate course will be a mostly face to face.

Training is going well my legs are kind off adjusting to full on training twice a week. There are some new exercises in my program which I hadn’t done before, a couple of them I find challenging to say the least. I’m noticing an improvement in my cardiovascular fitness, which would be due to Boot Camp no doubt, honestly they are so bloody hard, and I would not be able to consistently push myself that hard for a full hour.

I really noticed an improvement in my interval training I did on the weekend, I was able to push a lot harder for longer durations, and was recovering quicker than I was a couple of weeks ago. Today I train legs and tonight I do spin. hope everyone is trucking along wonderfully :)

8 comments:

Raechelle said...

Sounds like a great training program! Keep up the good work! I'm not sure if you blogged it or not-are you competing this year?
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear the training is going well. Ive always toyed with the idea of doing Boot Camp, i will have to stop debating it and just get on with it lol.

Em said...

Your going to be one busy bee next week :)
The schools went back yesterday for us and boy was that a new expereince for this first time school mum hehe
Hope your having a great week hun :)
Em:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali

Look forward to seeing ya next week - I'm thinking to definitely do boot camp with you - so i'll call you on the weekend to organise xx

Ali said...

Raechelle- competing for me this year depends on how quickly I get to pre-comp prep condition, if I get there with enough time for a smooth comp prep, I'm looking at September/ October probably. My body has really jacked up with all the dieting and large amounts of cardio from last year. So at present I'm experimenting too find what will get my body fat back down to a good starting level.

Cat- you would luv BOOT CAMP!!!at least eventually anyways :) If nothing else it must be character building LOL

Em- With study I will only work three days a week, well that's the plan :)

Fern- that's awesome that you will come and join me for Boot Camp!!! looking forward to catching up as well!xx

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Ali, another night owl I see. Glad to hear your training is going well. Good luck with your studies.

little rene said...

I have been staying up late recently too Ali and LOVING it!

I think maybe I am panicking about the changes I am in for and I am trying to enjoy as much time alone as possible before my new addition :)

Miss Positive said...

Wow sounds like you are smashing it with your training!

I love staying up late too, but I cant do it and still get up early the next morning, so now I go to bed by 9.30!

Hope you are enjoying having the kids back at school! ;-)

Hilary xx