Friday, April 06, 2007

HAPPY EASTER

Well I have been pretty full on lately. My internship is going really well. Two weeks down. Easter has come at a great time as I have 2 huge assignments due in the ACT school holidays for university and I am going to have to do at least one of them over Easter, well the ground work anyway as it involves diagnostic interviewing, so if it is right to go as soon as we get back to school on Tuesday I can start the interview process with the chosen child. That’s the easy part then I have to analyse both my interview technique and the child's responses. God give me a break…. Why we have to recreate the wheel who knows….except our lecturer of course, grrrrrr……….enough said…… all is good :)

I am finding my internship, tech studies, university commitments, plus training and my kids quite a full on process at present, however it is not for ever, just got to get through it all and light is at the end of the tunnel. I am certainly not complaining though, because I have chosen to do all this. I am a pretty easy going person I think, however I have been a bit short with my eldest child a bit lately…. Not fair actually……although he probably deserves it …LOL…I think I am a bit irritable, hard for me to be really objective about myself at present though. My 15 year old daughter is pushing the boundaries as you can do at her age as well. Well actually my beloved daughter has been pushing boundaries from the day she was born, very strong determined wilful young woman, she is an Aries after all.

Training is going along well, finding it hard to get my heart rate up during cardio though, not sure what that is about, as I push it believe me, unless I am kidding myself and not working hard at all..hehe. Must say I do not mind cardio but will be glad when I don’t have to do quite as much.

I got my bikini from Jo the other day and I love it, it is absolutely gorgeous a piece of art!! My goodness the bottoms are small though aren’t they, my bum bulges a bit in it and this disturbs me. Ummmmm…….I am waiting to hear back from Sam about this.

Funny how training and strength progress can come in leaps, bounds and troughs as well. This week I have been very tired and felt pretty ordinary at times, only to have had a couple of weight sessions where I’ve upped my weights or reps quite a bit and had great workouts. In contrast to this there are occasions when I think I’m going to blitz it with weights or what ever and feel awesome only to not even be able to meet my last training sessions results.. Go figure???

Well have an awesome Easter everyone!!

6 comments:

Shar said...

I think I've said it before but I don't know how you do it all!

Congratulations for just juggling your everyday tasks let alone training and dieting to compete!

Your an inspiration Ali, keep up the great work!

Shar x

RaeC said...

You are doing amazingly Ali!! Don't worry about the cossie, there is still a lot of time left. You'll be astounded at how much your body changes in the last few weeks before comp.

As for your HR, I'd say it's because you're getting fitter. The fitter you are, the harder it is to get your heart rate up, but that doesn't mean you can stop trying to get it right up there... LOL!!

Keep up the awesome work honey and have a fantastic Easter!! xxx

Magda said...

Hi Ali,

my son is an Aries and he has been stubborn, strong willed and also pushing those boundaries since we got him at 5 months!!(he's adopted).

I've only followed your blog for a little while and am inspired by how much you fit in to your busy life. Next time I feel overwhelmed by how much there is to do, I'll stop and think of you :-)

Cheers Magda

Splice said...

I agree with Rae :-)
You have time before your comp and you will be suprised as to how different you look on the day!
You doing really well Ali, just keep at it.
I can't wait to see you bikini!
Hugs,
Deb

LizN said...

Judging from those pics a few posts back, you are going to come in with great shape. I know I freaked out when I saw my first pair of figure bottoms :)

Hugs
Liz;)

Spartze said...

Keep going Ali - you will be amazed at what drops off in the last week. Bugger about phat camp being cancelled, we will have to catch up at the All Female in July.