Friday, April 13, 2007

Thank you for all your wonderful positive comments guys. However as busy as I am at present I don’t think it is to good as some off my pleasure for things is not optimal at the moment and I just can’t wait to finish uni. I have taken on to much, with tafe, uni and my internship as well. However I am getting by and have two weeks breakfrom my teaching internship as of next Friday. During that time I will complete some big assignments, study for tafe exams and literally work more of my ass off.

I try to be very subjective about myself and this competing thing, because I have never done it before I do not really know what I am in for, or exactly what to expect. I have learnt quite a lot about myself in the process and am still learning, that’s the beauty of life I think. I do not want to get up on stage and make a fool of myself, who does though?

However, I am competing in Wagga more so for the stage experience, however my pride, ego call it what you will certainly still doesn’t want me to look out of place or stand out because I look like I don’t belong up there if you know what I mean.

Because of my age I will compete in my age group, however with the WNBF federation I am going to compete in novice as well for the extra experience, which both Sam and I think will be very beneficial come July and September. So I suppose this comp is a more for the experience than anything else, I must keep reminding myself of this because I get carried away at times with self doubt and think what the hell am I doing and I just am not ready, well I will never be ready if I keep thinking like this????

Any suggestions on how to just relax and get some enjoyment out of the whole experience would be greatly appreciated!!! I best take up meditation again I think.

Well I wrote that last weekend and although it still stands true, my head today is in a bit of a better place, I really have been questioning myself lately as to why I am doing this to my self, I will just plod on because if I backed out now I will never know if I want to continue on this road or not and if I go through with it I can make a decision based on at least being up on a stage once. God I sound so bloody serious!! I can’t wait to eat something off my plan to tell you the truth, don’t know what, probably cheese cake to begin with, I have been reading bloody cook books before bed LOL Actually I find it very relaxing believe it of not and I think they even help me stay on plan, god knows how but they do. Sam is very good at seeing a lot more positive changes in my body than me, I see them over longer periods of time but not so much week to week like she can, I am very thankful for her and that she has come into my life actually she is not only a great trainer but a wonderful human being.

Anyway will try and post again soon, take care everyone and have an awesome weekend,

6 comments:

Shar said...

Hey Ali

Thanks for the update it's good to see how your going.

You are right though, if you don't see at least one comp through you may always wonder, what if!?

Trust Sam, she won't let you make a fool of yourself! You will be fine.

Speak soon
Shar x

RaeC said...

Sweetheart, it is only natural to go through doubt in your first comp. Where this doubt stems from is exactly as you said... you have no idea what you are in for. Once you know how things go and how you will feel on comp day, it will be a whole lot easier the next time. That is why my Coach had me doing so many comps last year, not to win any of them, but to gain a whole lot of experience.

Don't look at it as a competition. Look at it as a day where you get to show off all the hard work you have done and inspire other women in the audience to try competing themselves.

Remember, you are going to step onstage in the best shape of your life. There is nothing to fear about making a fool of yourself if you remember this. Be proud of how far you have come and what it has taken to get you to this place, especially with everything else on your plate. You are an inspiration my girl. Just remember that!!

Stay strong, other girls on that stage with you will be in the same boat, especially in Novice. You won't be alone!! Besides, you make so many friends backstage with the girls in your class. If you mention it's your first comp I bet you get all the support and encouragement you need from them.

Hang in there gorgeous... you'll be fine!! xxx

Miss Positive said...

Ali I think you are superwoman doing everything that you've got on your plate at the moment! You will feel on top of the world on stage, and I'm sure it will make all these weeks of dedication seem 100% worth it!

Hang in there lovey, not long to go now and you can have that piece of cheesecake!

Hilary xx

Ali said...

thank you so very much girls, you do not realise just how much your comments have helped

love alixx

Splice said...

Self-doubt hits us all, it's part of the process I think.
But you know what, you get past it and you do so by listening to the one's you trust. They are the ones who can see you, your judgement of yourself is very clouded.
Now I should run off and take my own advice lol.
I do, I trust in Josh and Lia, they see my pictures and tell me what I need to know, the truth :-).
Debs

Jodi said...

Hope all is well with you Ali.