Saturday, January 13, 2007

Life is good,

I was walking through the shopping mall the other day and I came across a young girl, who had a disability who was in a wheel chair; now don’t get me wrong, she could very well have a great life. However, it just made me think how much I have to be so very thankful for. I have four intelligent, strong, maybe opinionated at times [thanks to genetics], good looking, caring, loving children, who are all so very fortunate not to have any kind of disability. Now that got me to thinking about other areas of my life. I have had my fair share of ups and downs in life, like most have. I am fortunate to be optimistic by nature and very determined and strong minded. However I think sometimes we in Australia take a lot of things for granted, we have so many opportunities at our disposal if we choose to utilize them. But often some of us tend to complain, for what ever reason. Don’t get me wrong I complain too, however I always try to keep things in perspective and like to remind myself just how fortunate we are.

Well training is going awesome, can see positive changes occurring, did notice a funny little cyst thing on my lower abdominals last night whilst lazing around sweltering in the heat we are having. Don’t think it is anything to worry about will get it checked out next week. Might have been there for ages, just covered in good ole’ padding.

I’m hoping Kerry comes up from their holiday down the coast, would be awesome to catch up with her and her family.

Well I must get on with my chores so to speak, have an awesome weekend everyone

3 comments:

Di Broeren said...

Hi Ali
Love your new photo. Is the background Jacob's artwork?!

How exciting you are preparing to compete! If it is July I will hopefully be there cheering you on!

Take Care
Di
X

Andrea said...

Hi Ali
Liking your new blog look. Like Di said it is exciting that you are preparing to compete. The pic of your daughter is beautiful!
Andjxx

Ali said...

thanks Di and Andj,

the art work is one I am very fond off that Dylan did when he was about 11, he is 16 and a half now. I will post a pic of it ;)

I will be there in July Di so awesome that you will be too! It will be great to catch up with you

Alixx