Friday, March 21, 2008

catch up

So long time no post, I have been plodding on. Have had a few assignments to do for CIT and uni, some are completed more to go. The appointment with the Alternative Chinese medical practitioner went well, and was very interesting, no promises that it will cure it though, but it may greatly assist, time will tell. Actually yesterday was the first day in a long time I didn’t feel totally stuffed by 1-2 pm. I good sign I think, I’m wondering what will happen today. For those who know anything about Alternative Chinese medicine, I had no kidney pulse at all. Not good!! I go back on Wednesday.

Training has been quite challenging at times, I have decided to back off a little, the therapist said that it was obvious I was pushing through sickness and tiredness and that this was detrimental to my recovery. It is her opinion pushing myself to much is what triggered the condition in the first place, and I am just self perpetuating the condition by doing so now. So I have not pushed (as much), if I have been feeling horrid I haven’t gone to the gym and I have cut back on my cardio for the time being, we will see how this goes, I will train tomorrow and Sunday, and will continue Boot Camp at this stage, just not push as hard through it if it's too much.

I have lots of domestic stuff to catch up with today; I have been looking forward to the extra days off. I have had plenty of work. When uni gets more full on I may have to cut back a little, we will see.

Anyway have a wonderful Easter everyone

10 comments:

Raechelle said...

Hon-if the doctors are saying cut back-then yes-best to cut back-not to mention the fact your own body is obviously telling you to as well.
I really hope you get this thing figured out! I know what it's like to be wanting to train, keep up with your work and home....but sometimes you just gotta give in a bit (for your healh's sake)-and it sounds like you are doing that-so good for you!
Best of luck with your recovery!
Stay positive-that's the best thing you can do for yourself!

Em said...

Hun I know its hard but you have to listen to the dr and listen to your bod!
I am sure in the long run a nice break will do you good and you will come back fighting :)

Have a lovely Easter hun :)
Em:)

Kimmy said...

Hi Petal :)
Jolly - just letting you know I am still here. My computer is still out of action - I have been in Queensland for 4 days and lots happening here as per norm. (I also left my mobile in the Taxi in Queensland:) I have been absolutley ferral and supposedly on the plan with Di for a month now and I have not had one good day at the gym or food wise. I just don't think my head is where is should be. I am totally not committed. I can't wait to see you in April. I just found out that the show is a night show - I think it starts at 6:00pm. One of our friends from Dubbo is going in the Sports Model - we said we would help with tanning etc. I still have the surprize party to go to as well on the same night so we will be doing some juggling. (you are welcome to come along also) Hope you are feeling better and have lots of energy for your visit :)
Kimmy

Anonymous said...

I like you fought on through ill health for a long time, the one thing i did learn was that i had to listen to my body. It tells you when enough is enough.

I hope you are having a wonderful Easter weekend.

Anonymous said...

Slow and steady wins the race, just listen to your body and trust your instincts Ali. Have a wonderful easter. xx

little rene said...

Happy Easter to you too Ali :)

Charlotte Orr said...

Hope you have a restful Easter Ali

Lisa said...

I agree with everyone that you must rest and get better.

Happy Easter.

Lisa

Miss Positive said...

The Chinese medicine sounds interesting Ali, I'm interested in hearing if it helps you!

Hope you had a lovely break, and hope you got to have lots of rest!

Hilary xx

RaeC said...

I totally empathise with how frustrating it is to want to train but not be able to. Your priority needs to be on sorting out your health issues so that your body is well enough to respond to hard training. There's no point in doing the hard training if it is preventing you from getting better. Just rest up and reassure yourself with the knowledge you will hit it hard once your body is well enough to respond. Hang in there gorgeous xxx