Sunday, March 09, 2008

Thank you so much for all your supportive comments, they are much appreciated.

I am very much looking forward to Wednesday as I see the Alternative Chinese Medicine Practitioner then. I so hope that it is going to be helpful for the hashimotos. My weight has consistently kept going up. I am running out of clothes that I can wear to work LOL not good!! I haven’t helped this the last 10 days or so, as I must admit to thinking what’s the point, and been seeking out foods I know aren’t the best choices once I’ve finished work! However, even when my diet is clean I have put on weight. My energy levels are not at all good either, when I feel very flat and tired it contributes to me making food choices that aren’t productive as well.

I have not trained nearly as much as I normally do this week. However I have decided to just let this slide and make the most of the break. I will start afresh next week.

Funnily enough I have met a few people of the last week two who have hashimotos and one who have an under active thyroid, but no due to hashimotos. I am thankful that my Dr picked it up as one person had to deal with the symptoms for over a year as her Dr had missed the signs; by this time he thought she was going mad.

We have a long weekend her in ACT, I would have liked to have gone away however, I had to attend uni yesterday and today I had arranged to do a CIT assignment with two girls from my class. So it will be good to get them out of the way.

Uni is going to be very interesting and very informative; I had to change subjects due to a conflict with my CIT course. So this particular unit will focus on teaching us about and how to implement a teaching strategy called TeacCH with people on an Autism Spectrum. It includes a full on 4 day workshop in about a month, I am very much looking forward to this and am hoping I feel a lot better energy wise by then.

I ill let you know how my appointment goes later in the week; I have a god feeling about though so we will see!

4 comments:

Magda said...

Ali my fingers are crossed for you and I hope you are able to get on top of your illness. I really feel for where you're at with your weight and eating but I know you'll be back on track again soon.

Take care

Magda

Raechelle said...

I really do hope you can get on top of this thing...how interesting to meet 2 people with that as well...I'd never even heard of it before!
Sounds like your head is in the right place to cope with it-keeping a positive attitude is half the battle really!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it strange how you suddenly meet people who have the same condition. I really hope they are able to fix it soon for you.

Em said...

I hope that there is something out there to help you hun and give you some relief and zest back :)
I hope you find time to relax hun and I know it must be hard weight wise but tI am sure once you get your health back on track your weight will just fall off :)
Em:)