Tuesday, April 01, 2008

update



Top pic is Jacob and his cousin Above is my daughter and her youngest brother.


Yesterday I went up to Sydney to see a Dr at the Sandra Cabot clinic. After a long consultation and looking at the blood tests I have already had done the Dr decided I was to have a lot more blood tests for various things. I don’t understand all of these at this stage. I am also to have an extensive food intolerance test, along with an ultrasound on my liver. Due to the fact that although my thyroid obviously isn’t behaving normally she thought it was important to find out what else is going on, Some reading for my liver were considerably elevated, I also have particularly elevated iron levels for no apparent reason. So I’ve booked in to have all these tests and must admit I can’t wait to see the results, and get on with a plan to get over this. After the blood testing I am to go dairy free until I see her again in one month on the Dr’s advice, I may have to go grain free as well! I'm still seeing the TCM practitioner and am sure I'm not quite as tired overall, a good sign. Although yesterday and today was buggered.

So my weight is continuing to go in the upward direction and to date I am close to 20 kgs heavier than before this whole thing started in late October last year. Now that’s progress for you!! Just in the wrong direction. So I sure will have my work cut out for me once we work out what and how to correct what ever it is that is exactly going on. I’m trying to not let it do my head in and remain positive, sometimes this is hard.

On a brighter note my certificate IV is going along well, my beautiful daughter is 16 on Friday and Jacob wrote his name for the first time today.

So take care all I’m off to bed, I taught kindergarten today and tomorrow I have a feisty year 5/6.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you because i know how hard it is to sit and patiently wait for blood and other test results. You have a great attitude to it all and are focusing on the fact that you know they can correct it when it's fully diagnosed. It is important to remain positive and you are succeeding.

Very exciting about your little ones. I don't envy you teaching kindergarten, the thought alone exhausts me!

Thinking of you, take care

Kimmy said...

Hi sweetie
You are such an inspiration - you have such a big challenge at the moment but you are focusing on the positive - I am so feeling for you. I was so looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Looks like Margie and I might have to make a trip to Canbera to visit you. Stay in touch.
Live with Passion
Kimmy

Raechelle said...

Too bad you can't get it figured out-but at least the doctors are all working on it :)
I'm sure you'll get an answer soon.
Sounds like you have a great attitude!

Em said...

Good luck with this new lot of tests :)
I hope that you soon get an answer and start feling better :)
Em:)

Shar said...

Hey Ali
Sending positive vibes your way. Hope you get his all sorted asap.
Shar x

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Ali, stay positive. Cheers, C

Lisa said...

Hi Ali,

Good luck with your tests. It is amazing how strong you are.

Lisa

jodie said...

Hello Ali
Sending you a huge big hug! Remember you have the power within you to find strength and your answers! You are capable of amazing things and this is just another challenge to get over, you can and WILL do it.
Thinking of you
Jodie
xx

RaeC said...

I love those pics!!

I am sending strong and healing vibes your way to help you get through this rocky patch.

I know you're disheartened with the weight gain, but just try to do what is in your power to control it when you have the energy to focus on it. My coach thinks that most things wrong with the human body can be resolved with a clean diet of mostly lean protein and vegetables, but I am sure even he concedes that there are some medical issues that can't and you could quite well have some of those!!

Hang in there gorgeous. I am sure it won't be long until you have the results and know what you're fighting.

Love Rae xxx

LizN said...

Hang in there Ali, sounds like there's more to this than meets the eye.
Hugs
Liz N

Andrea said...

HI Ali,

I know that it has been ages since I came and visited your blog. I hope that all of the test results have come back and you are making some progress with it all.

I actually just have a question for you. Where abouts in Canberra do you train - or - where would you recommend to train?
I will be moving down there in about 2 - 3 weeks.
Andjxx

Splice said...

Hi Ali!
Sending you hugs :-)
I'm hoping you will get the answer's you need so you can start getting past all this.
Please keep us up to date.
Deb xx

RaeC said...

You've been tagged so I hope it will make some fun for you!! See my blog for all the gory details xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali

Long time no chat - sorry!!

Thinking of you lots, if you ever venture towards teh city - let me know...

I'm off for more bloods as well, will post about it later, we just have to keep strong and smile xxx

little rene said...

I am sure that you are still gorgeous Ali even with the weight gain :)

Being healthy is more important than being slim. I hope that you get some answers soon :)

Isn't it fun taking photos with sparklers?

Your daughter has beautiful eyes.

Julia's Mom said...

Hi Ali,

I too am suffering with Hypothyroid for about 8 years now. I've gained a total of 50lbs since then. It's very hard to deal with, but I, like you, have not given up the fight to get better. I used to think I was crazy and that this little gland couldn't possibly be having this horrid effect on me. But its true, just keep going as you are. Support is everything in this disease and it looks as though you have a ton of it!
good luck.

Shar said...

Hey Ali

You Ok?

Shar x

Anonymous said...

Long time no post, everything okay? xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali, just letting you know that i'm thinking of you. Hope everything is ok.

Miss Positive said...

Hello luv, hope everything is well with you - thinking of you.

Hilary xx