Friday, May 30, 2008

LONG OVERDUE POST


Well to say I certainly haven’t posted for a while is an understatement!!!

So everyone in blog land is going along wonderfully and accomplishing all their desires and dreams,

Me well I have been on an interesting journey this past couple of months. Funny how good things often come out of unfortunate circumstances. For example, my health issues have prompted me to research nutrition in a very broad way, and some of what I have been discovering certainly questions my beliefs and probably yours as well.

For example the Dr I saw in Sydney asked me some time ago if I would consider including organic juice into my diet, my initial response was well no, she asked why not?? I responded well it’s so bloody nutritionally dense in calories, high in sugar if fruit is included and high in carbs and low in protein. So that was that.

Some time later after researching ect… I thought to myself, why am I paying this Dr good money not to follow her advice, anyway I researched juicing talked to my wonderful Aunt who detoxes regularly with juice. I discovered some interesting facts, I won’t go into them just now though and they certainly contradict what we are led to believe, especially about protein intake and where we get the best quality protein from.

Anyway For a week I had fresh organic juice and honestly I could not believe the improvement in my health, my moods, my energy levels sky rocketed, My weight started to go down a little, the oedema I have had stabilised and disappeared and I started to feel myself again. Then I went on a holiday to Adelaide, went off the juice. Came back and got stuck into it again, I’m still researching. I’m certainly not fasting with juice, but consuming quite a large amount of green juice and some fruit juice, supplemented with a little hemp seed oil, and recently I have been including a little raw food as well.

Not sure where this will all lead, but shit I honestly can not remember feeling so good, other than last week I sprained my ankle which put a bit of a dampener on my training, went back to Boot camp this morning and my ankle was ok, so all good in that department.

All I can say is my liver and kidneys have improved but are still not 1005 However my thyroid hormones have stabilised, so that is GREAT!

I have not gone back to the Dr in Sydney, she was great and I may go back in the future, however I have been to a Chinese medicinal practice here and am getting great results there. Combined with the raw foods and organic juces, I think I will be healthier than I have ever been soon, and don’t get me wrong, I have had good health until recently, but I can’t explain this but I am starting to feel remarkable.

So that’s where I’ve been at.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORTIVE AND KIND COMMENTS I LOVE YOU ALL,

I will endeavor to blog more often once again. And when time permits drop by all your blogs as well,

Have a wonderful weekend all and live life to the fullest xxx

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that things are on the up and up for you Ali. Everything in life happens for a reason as you are finding out. ;o)

Magda said...

Welcome back Ali. I've dropped by your blog often and I'm glad you're back posting. Fascinating read tonight. Keep us up to date with how its all going for you.

Cheers

Magda

Shar said...

Thats so good to hear Ali, glad you are feeling great.

Blog a little more often!!
Shar x

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Ali, organic is great. We try to eat it as much as we can. Glad you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali!

So fab to hear you are feeling better and getting stuff back on track. Did you buy a juicer that Dr Cabot recommends? I'm thinking of buying one and following her juice recipes after comp. Will DEFINITELY catch up next time i'm in ACT, no plans on coming soon, possibly end of June, but we need to have that coffee!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali!

So fab to hear you are feeling better and getting stuff back on track. Did you buy a juicer that Dr Cabot recommends? I'm thinking of buying one and following her juice recipes after comp. Will DEFINITELY catch up next time i'm in ACT, no plans on coming soon, possibly end of June, but we need to have that coffee!!!!!

Em said...

Welcome back hun :)
So great to hear your progress, I would love to hear more about your juices.
Good luck with your health endevours I hope your days get better and better :)
Have a great weekend.
Em:)

Andrea said...

Hi Ali,
good to hear that you are feeling better!I have heard lots of great things about green juices and I tried it for a little while but it got difficult to maintain the vege supply.

I am in Canberra now, living at McKellar for a little while until we find a place to buy. My sister in law works at Canberra Uni.

A coffee would be great at some stage.

Andjxx

Kristy said...

Hi Ali

Welcome back to blogging...Your journey with juices and vegies, sounds interesting. I would love to hear more about it as well as I could do with a little more energy at the moment.

Also how did you find out about the people that you went and saw?

I am trying to decide on seeing someone about my nutrtion, but unsure who to see...

Look forward to hearing more
Kristy

Raechelle said...

Good to hear from you ALI-and glad things are looking up for you!

Splice said...

Hi Ali!!!
Welcome back, I missed you!!

In relation to the juice I have to say that with my last comp prep I was asked to have a glass of juice every night before bed (instead of a protein shake). I did this right up until about 4 weeks out by memory, but was having it everynight for most of my prep.

Let us know more about what you discover.

It's good to have you back.

Deb xxx

Kimmy said...

Hello beautiful
So wonderful that you are back blogging. I went on a juice diet for a week many years ago and I remember feeling so good with lots of energy but i did not do any exercise for the week. I do remember losing 7 pounds but it came straight back on when I went off the juice.
Glad things are moving forward - one step at a time :)

Live with Passion
Kimmy

Anonymous said...

hi all
http://www.tor.com/community/users/mortkingketwi1975
http://www.tor.com/community/users/erochhoodlu1979
http://www.tor.com/community/users/cirredyso1985
http://www.tor.com/community/users/cleanmiejourmo1972
http://www.tor.com/community/users/zrelanroono1972