Monday, November 12, 2007

Well we just got back last night from visiting Kimmy and Margie and going to the Dubbo zoo, we had a lovely weekend and my four year old was very taken with Kimmy, so much so he decided to stay on and live with her.

Prior to going to Dubbo I was in South Australia helping care for my granny. I had organised this quite some time ago hoping to give my aunt and uncle a little bit of time to themselves, I was planning to go to the gym and keep on a nutritional plan while there, however it just didn’t happen. I certainly underestimated the time and care involved in helping look after my gran as her health has deteriorated very much since fracturing her pelvis and ribs while in institutional care for a short time while my aunt and uncle attempted to have a short holiday. I had a wonderful time while there and am now trying to get back on track with both training and nutrition. I am annoyed with myself now, as once I decided to just go with the flow over there I certainly enjoyed the food, but now have to get rid of the weight I put on. You think I would have learnt from previous set backs. Don’t think my deprivation diet prior to my comp helped here.

So I am waiting with baited breath to hear that I have passed my last university assignment, and subject. Wish they would hurry and get the results out. Been doing some of my tech assignments, and must say I can’t wait till tech is finished for the year as well now.

Teaching is good, it certainly has its challenges some days though, however I try to look upon it as character building for myself at times when it’s a bit tough, and fast track learning in how to deal with behaviour management issues that suit both students and myself.

Will post some pics from Dubbo visit as soon as I manage to get them of my camera, I think the memory card I used is stuffed, hope everyone here in blog land is doing great, will catch up over the next few days.

3 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Ali, good to hear from you. Was wondering what you'd been up to! Cheers, Charlotte

Splice said...

Ali,
trust me when I say this "don't be too hard on yourself, your off season now" :-)
I went through it and with the advice of a great friend realized I was not allowing my body to rest an letting my mind enjoy life.
Don't go throwing yourself into a strict diet to try and lose weight, just get back into training and regular exercise and you will see results :-)
Hugs,
Deb

Em said...

Hi darl,
Nice to have you back :)
I agree with Deb don't be so hard on yourself, you did a wonderfull thing looking after your gran :)
Em:)