Thursday, October 18, 2007

Well I have had very lazy laid back week so far, was planning to have the whole week off training, I think after 12 to 16 weeks solid training your body needs and appreciates a break, so the fact Jacob has chicken pox and I therefore couldn’t work I have just kicked back with him. He is on the mend, just still spotty. Ow and I’ve almost finished my very last assignment for uni, but have missed two weeks of tech, but I’ll catch up.

I have enjoyed some foods I haven’t had for ages, such as porridge and cottage cheese, home made Caesar salad with chicken, Thai beef salad, some German spice biscuits, some good quality low GI bread, and some low carb cheese cake I made, that when I work out exactly the quantities I put in it I will post as it is great if you like cheese cake and certainly much lower in carbs and fat than the usual ones but you would never know!! My weight has rebounded, amazing how quickly that happens, but expected when I was on such a carb restrictive diet, I'm holding fluid and no doubt put on some fat, however I expected this as I was warned and have it in control. And as of this weekend I will be back on my training and eating schedule so all is good.

I finally found out what my shoulder injury is, it seems it is inflammation, over use and scare tissue within the long head of the bicep. My physio appointments have finished and now I am gong too try and find a good massage therapist, to keep up the work removing and correcting the scare tissue. The week off now and I didn’t weight train the week before the comp, have been very beneficial in it’s healing I feel. Although I am sure I will have to b careful as it tends to flare up easily.

Well I had better go and be a bit productive, have a lovely day all, it is wonderful weather here today, might take spotty boy for a bike ride later.

Once again thanks for all your caring supportive comments ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like although you have some challenges you have them all under control. Good job. No point looking at the glass half empty now is it Ali. Best we dust ourselves off and get on with it. ;o) xx

Ali said...

I agree Lia wholeheartedly!!!:)

Sam D-M said...

Hey Ali Cat,

So glad you now have some time to rest that shoulder. I know how long it has been causing you trouble, and I know what it is like to train with a shoulder injury. Rest :-) It may take a while for the inflamation to go down.

Enjoy the time off the diet and hope Jacob gets better soon.

Sam

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Ali,

Glad you are getting some R&R.

Would love the cheesecake recipe please! Started thinking about cheesecake during my comp prep after you mentioned it in a comment in my blog. Had a hard time choosing between that and lemon tart when I went out for cake after my show. Nearly ordered both but only just managed to get through the lemon tart so thought I'd save the cheesecake for another day, LOL.

Cheers, Charlotte

little rene said...

Hey Ali!

I can't wait for the cheescake recipe! Yum!

I think that you looked sensational in your photos! Like I have said before I think that you are amazing being able to juggle all of the family, study and work commitments like you do!

Enjoy your time off :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali,

Not sure if you remember me but i met you at the All females in July (fern) anyway i wanted to congratulate you on your comp! Well done!!! I'm going to the INBA natties next week in canberra, so if you are there, please let me know and i'll come say hi!!!

Anyhow - HUGE CONGRATS you looked beautiful on stage your posing is fab!!!

now relax and enjoy your time off!!! I know i did (and still am) hee hee!!!!

Ali said...

Hi Fern!! that would be great, I am 98% going to the Nationals, pleasse email me

Ali xx