Monday, October 15, 2007















Well finally, I placed fourth; there were five in my class. I enjoyed it however the lead up was quite stressful along with the general things my youngest son got chicken pox and was quite sick and all he wanted was his mum. Also my daughter decided not to help me with the tanning, she had social engagements that were far more important, my cousin would have helped however she has not had chicken pox so didn’t want to be near my son. So I did it myself, some bits are harder to get too!! At the last minute, on the day my best mate helped me out; she was great and learnt very quickly.

Overall I can’t say I was happy with my condition, I was carrying more body fat than Wagga and from the pics any size I had gained appears to be lost due to the extremely strict diet I followed for 5 weeks. My body fought it all the way, I certainly would not suggest nothing but lean protein and fibrous veggies for any length of time for myself again, I think my body thought I was starving, although I was hungry all the time, I thought if you were starving you didn’t get hungry. But I had to give it a go myself to find this out, might work for some but not this guinea pig. Sam suggested not to follow it for more than a week however I panicked and kept on it. I decided to still go through with the comp for the experience. I have learnt a great deal through this whole process and I’ve decided to keep more accurate records of my progress in future. This should help to avoid leaving anything that needs addressing to so late in the process to try to remedy it. I spoke with one of the judges and that was useful and we will take this into consideration.

Actually one very good thing has come out of it. I am more determined than ever to improve especially considering the girls in my age group, they were awesome, great physiques, really good condition, and nice muscle mass and lean!! So before I step back on stage I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me, so bring it on.

Now I have to work out the cardio that works for me to shift body fat, as what I was doing doesn’t seem to be working anymore. I am also going to try some different nutritional approaches as well.

Thank you all very much for your support along the way, I appreciate it greatly.

15 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Ali, nice legs! Well done on getting to the stage with all you had going on. I find it hard enough without having kids to worry about as well. Sounds like you've learnt lots about what does and doesn't work for you so that can only help you for your next show. I am in the same situation as you - determined to improve for my next one. Look forward to sharing the journey with you. Cheers, Charlotte

Pip said...

WOW, - to me the untrained figure eye, - I reckon you look fantastic! Tan looks good too!

I really admire your dedication and discipline over the long haul to reach your awesome goal Ali!

Pip

RaeC said...

You still look bloody hot to me hon!! I wasn't happy with my Nationals condition last year, so I know what that feels like. But like you said, it just gives you something to aim to beat next time. You won just by stepping on that stage despite all the obstacles... very inspirational xxx

Kerry said...

I agree with Rae, Ali, you won just by stepping on the stage. You look fantastic to me. I hope Jacob is feeling much better.

Love Kerry

Miss Positive said...

Yep, agree with the other girls too - I reckon you're a winner just for getting up there (I think about doing it all the time but I'm too chicken). I think you look amazing, and your tan looks great too! Way to go!

Hilary xx

Kristy said...

Yep agree with the rest and I think you look amazing! I would love to look like that... I love the pink bikini and tan. They go great together!

Tracey said...

It is all experience Ali, you never know how your body is going to keep the condition over any length of time. Next time you will know what not to do.

Congrats for getting up on the stage again. Love the pink bikini too ;)

Hope Jacob is feeling much better by now, it is not the best for kids to have the chicken pox.

LizN said...

I know the feeling with sick kids - Ali you did amazing considering you had to do your own tan - how stressful and I think you look great. Congratulations!

Hugs
Liz ;)

jodie said...

Hello Ali-Cat
Congrats you are a super star in my eyes, -- go girl! It is all a learning experience and you have such a great attitude towards it all.
Your legs look sensational!
Love
Jodie
xx

Anonymous said...

You're tan looked great, to you it may not have been perfect but in these photos you can't notice it.

It sounds to me like this competition has been one big learning curve Ali. That's the best part of this whole journey, leaning about you and your body. At least you've come away with a goal and a positive outlook which shows you're a good sportswoman. Well done! :o) xx

Ali said...

thank you to all of you I truly apprecaite all your comments they mean a great deal to me!! You are all so very supportive thank you!!!!

Kimmy said...

See Ali - I told you you were awesome :)
Live with Passion
Kimmy

Splice said...

Hi Ali!
You look awesome girl!!! I can't get over how far you have come.
For your next comp you will try a different approach, not every approach works for everyone.
I did so many things differently this time around and I documented it all so I know next year what to do.
I hope you find the right formula that works for you too.
You really come up looking incredible Ali. Well done.
Hugs,
Deb

Splice said...

Hi Ali!
You look awesome girl!!! I can't get over how far you have come.
For your next comp you will try a different approach, not every approach works for everyone.
I did so many things differently this time around and I documented it all so I know next year what to do.
I hope you find the right formula that works for you too.
You really come up looking incredible Ali. Well done.
Hugs,
Deb

Sue Heintze said...

You look beautiful darls :) I feel honoured to have shared your journey sort of right from the beginning really! You are one strong, courageous and beautiful woman, inside and out.

So, when's the next one :)

x