Sunday, July 22, 2007

Well time goes by, I have had a very productive week, training, diet were spot on, a bit hungry a couple of days, but nothing unmanageable, all good, I can see a drop in my measurements which of course is encouraging and motivating. I find it hard to see visual progress within my self if the time frame is reasonably close.Sam or my daughter has had to sometimes stick it in my face in the past.

I love the fact that I do not have to regularly weigh myself in comp prep. I get caught up with the numbers and can’t stand it, …. when I was 18 and first started weight training I weighted about 60 kgs … anyway after around 4-5 months of solid weight training and cardio I hopped on the scales and I weighted 65 kgs. I was horrified and didn’t have the knowledge back then to reason with myself, so even though I looked better for the training, was fitter, stronger, and had obviously put on some muscle, as well as my clothes fitting a hell of a lot better… I allowed this all be all overshadowed by me just because my body weight had gone up and it distressed me. Knowledge and education are so important aren’t they, so I try very hard to make sure my own children have the right knowledge.

So it suits me that most of my progress changes are made through visual observations and measurements. However I have made the decision to have my body fat taken regularly from now on, so that I can track the progress for future reference. Then I will have comparisons to refer back on as well. Especially seeing

Well on Friday I did my enrolments for tech, it seems I will be able to complete my level 3 fitness quals by the end of the teaching year. I have decided to go for it. I just have to stay very focused and organised. I should be able to manage the work load as long as my time management is good and I do not allow myself to get tired. I’m still in the process of trying to get verification for prior learning for some of the subjects from last semester. It helps that I do not have a very big load on at uni this semester; I do have to be available for three days relief teaching each week though.

I have been a little slack with my meditation since Melbourne, so must endeavour to remedy that. Think I will go meditate now…before I have to be elsewhere. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Ali,
Was lovely to meet you down in Melbourne last weekend. Sounds as though you will be a busy beaver in the next few months, good luck with your studies and comp prep.
Kelly

LizN said...

Hi Ali,

You're so right, the scale is only one tool with which to measure progress.

Hugs
liz N