Friday, February 23, 2007

overdue update!

Well I got back from my weekend in QLD and hit the ground running, well sprinting more like it!!

I had an awesome time at the seminar and learnt so much invaluable information in relation to competing, thank goodness I went!~!!!! Especially with the posing, the lessons I had with Jo before hand were very eye opening to say the least. I learnt a hell of a lot and can even notice the improved difference in my appearance with just a little practice. This alone brought home the need to be able to pose properly so much to me.

So much to learn and then put into practice will keep me busy and out of trouble for ages ;) I realise is so very important to be able to pose correctly. I just can't help but t imagine if I didn't have lessons and thought I could learn from pictures or stuff you find on the net ect!!! My goodness it gave me anxious feelings thinking about it. LOL There is just so much involved, and to remember and I am a very visual, hands on practical person. Thank goodness Sam suggested I go and Jo made it possible!!! THANK YOU TO BOTH OF YOU!!

So life has been very full on this week, new semester at uni, subjects condensed into 5 weeks and then straight into a teaching internship, Two nights a week at tafe to requalify in Fitness, thought that would be a bludge because I've learnt it all before and have in the past worked for years in the fitness industry in many different roles. hahah what a joke, Our teacher certainly knows his stuff and I am impressed with how much I have already learnt and didn't realise how much I had obviously forgotten.

Training is going great. Other than my shoulder injury has decided to flare up and is protesting dreadfully, so as soon as time permits I am arranging to have acupuncture, it can be so effective in helping inflammation and soft tissue injuries, among heaps of other things. Today I am a little tired, but have been getting Jacob to bed earlier so that means I can go to bed earlier, just have to make myself ;)

Well PHAT camp is getting closer and that both excites me and makes me nervous!!! Because Wagga comp is the week after!!! I try not to think too much about it. My plan for the next few weeks is to parent, train, eat, study and sleep. I'm certainly not complaining as I chose to do these things, it's just the way it is, so this is one reason I have not been to attentive with peoples blogs.

I hope you all have an awesome weekend as it is just around the corner once again and I am off to train.

10 comments:

jodie said...

Hey Ali, man you sound so busy but focused. Good luck with it all, I will be cheering you on. Can't wait to catch up at Phat Camp.

Also thanks for the comment on my blog, you might want to re-send the 2nd comment onto Andj I think that one is meant for her. lol

RaeC said...

I just get so excited for you when I read your blog... IT'S NEARLY HERE!! I just can't wait to see the pics and hear how you do. And you are dead right... presentation is such a big part of bodybuilding. Yes, you have to put in the hard work with training and diet, but you also need to know how to show it off. You've learnt from one of the best in Jo Rogers... I am so excited for you!! xxx

Kerry said...

Congratualations on your dedication Ali. I can't wait to see you at Phat Camp, if it is still on.
Kerry

Andrea said...

Great to hear you had a good weekend at the conference with Jo!
She is a wealth of knowledge!
andjxx

Sam D-M said...

Ali, your piccies certainly showed you worked hard with Jo on the posing. I know it was a lot for you to fit in and I hope you get some rest :-)

Sam

Splice said...

Hi Ali,
It was wonderful catching up with you at the seminar. Im so glad you got lot from it, I know I did, in more ways then one. Jo and Donna are wonderful.
You are looking great, just keep doing what your doing :-)
Deb

Miss Positive said...

Ali its good to hear that the posing is coming along, it looks so hard!

Hope your shoulder feels better after the acupuncture.

Hilary xx

LizN said...

Go Ali, go! I am cheering you on from afar. Jo is great, isn't she?

Hugs
Liz ;)

RaeC said...

I hope everything is going well for you and you've just been too busy practising your posing to post... *ahem*... so no pressure to update us on how things are going for you... *ahem* ;o) Have a great weekend hon xxx

Splice said...

Where are you Ali??? :-)