Friday, March 09, 2007

too long between posts

5/03/07

Well like a lot of people I have been very busy with all that goes on within life. My Grannie and aunt and uncle came over from SA late last week and went home yesterday, it was wonderful to see them as usual. My granny will be 96 in MAY.

So food was 100% on track over the weekend the whole time while family where here, although today it was dreadful!!! Not delving to deep as to why at present as I’ve just got to put it behind me and get on with it, may have something to do with self sabotage, Jacob has a peculiar rash caused by a virus, can’t go to care until it is clear, had a tooth that has been giving me grief drilled out and refilled today.

I have been practising my routine and posing as much as I can fit it in and am pleased that I am progressing with it, still needs lots of work. Was a great opportunity to practice in front of my family, my aunt and uncle are very supportive people which is great!! They are going to come to the All Females in July to cheer me on, so that’s some motivation for me.

9/03/07

Well I wrote the above a few days ago and didn’t get around to posting it. I have the virus Jacob has just got over, I have managed to do my weights this week, but cardio has really suffered the last couple of days. Today has been the worst so far, hoping to feel normal again tomorrow. Went to the Dr’s, my blood pressure was quite low, hoping that is also tied in with the virus. What doesn’t kill us only makes us stronger!!! Other than cardio not being at its best, I have not submitted a posting for maths at uni. Must not stress about it, but not sure what will happen there as it is part of our assessment. Should be okay.

So for my internship which starts in 2 weeks!!! I can’t believe it, it has come around so quick I have Kindergarden!!! I am pleased with that, however will be challenging as well, we have to write and teach a maths unit and a literacy unit, although one could think that would be easy to do for kindy, I sometimes think it is harder because they come to Kindy with such a variety of prior knowledge and experiences.

Hoping I feel better tomorrow so I can get well and truly stuck back into my training, can’t afford this hick up, but such is life….well I’m off to rest up. Have a wonderful weekend everyone

11 comments:

jodie said...

Ali
I hope you get better soon. Rest up if needed. Remember this is just a bump in the road and you will still make it. Take care
Jodie
xx

RaeC said...

Hi Ali,

Congratulations on the internship... it's sounds wonderful and so very rewarding!!

I know it is so frustrating to get sick this close to your first comp and you don't have the luxury of resting too much, but you did the right thing by training weights, well according to my coach anyway.

He always says that even if you don't have the energy if you are sick in the leadup to comp, it's always best to at least get the weights in, which you have done. He says you can always split the weights up into 2 and do half in the morning and half in the afternoon.

I hope that you feel so much better tomorrow. Get well soon honey!! xxx

LizN said...

Hope you are feeling better Ali and you are back into your training with gusto :)

Hugs
Liz;)

Miss Positive said...

Ali I hope you're feeling better now! Hope the energy is back and you are kicking butt once again.

Hilary xx

Jodi said...

Hi Ali, sorry to see you have been sick, last week I was so sick I could barely move for 3 days!! Going to the toilet was a nightmare!!! So I can sympathise with you!!

Apart from that you sound happy and things seem really good for you at the moment, that's fantastic.

I look forward to watching you in the countdown to your first comp!

Em said...

Have fun with the kindy internship hun, i reckon you will have a blast:)
I hope that all goes well with your math assessment. How are you feeling? a close friend of my hubby got this horrid itchy rash with her virus and the poor thing suffered from the rash for ages after she felt better, hope this doesn't happen to you :)
Hope to see you on stage in july:)
Em:)

Kerry said...

I hope you feel better soon Ali.
Don't worry about those little kids, they are so full of wonder at that age and it is very rewarding working with them. They say the best things.
Kerry

Ali said...

Thank yo all so very much for your concern!!

I am much better now, thank goodness, a bit behind with uni work.
However these things can't be helped, well thats what I tell myself anyway :)

And full on back into training,

Once again I really appreciate your well wishes, see some off you very soon!!

Alison xxx

Kelly said...

Hi Ali

Good luck with Kindy, I have them this year too. They are just at the stage when 'learning' it is starting to click in, although some kids will still not make much progress until the end of the year. You will notice massive learning in Term 3 with the majority, that's if your internship last that long.
Good luck, you will be working hard!!!!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Not long to go now until we catch up Ali. :o) xx

Tracey said...

Hope all is well ali.