Friday, August 04, 2006

Well been a while since I posted. So where to begin, I’m still not too motivated about uni at this present point in time. I suppose some of my life’s situations are contributing to the lack of enthusiasm towards it. Also there is a lot of trouble within the education department over here at present which doesn’t help either. I got news today that a lecturer, who has left the uni, and hadn’t released my marks for the subject, can not be contacted would you believe. therefore I may be expected to resubmit or redo assignments. Well I will go and see about that as soon as I can get an appointment with the new music convener. Life throws us curve balls occasionally.

My kids are great, Jacob is slowly learning to cope without his father here, that has been very challenging emotionally for me actually, more so than the break up of his fathers and my relationship to be honest. I hate to see Jacob upset, and I feel quite hopeless in how I can help him deal with his grief. All I can do is just be there for him. I can’t make his dad be there for him. He is getting a lot more articulate now though, and is starting to tell his dad how he feels.Because of this he is able to spend a little more time with him, because bless his little heart, he has organised it himself. His dad reacts so differently, and a lot more positively if Jacob asks him himself rather than me ask for him.

Training is going awesome!! I am loving/hating the spin classes, for the past 2 weeks I have done three a week. I can see the results of my labour! I have also tightened up my diet considerably, and I am finding that a huge benefit as well.

I have also started a new weight program and am finding that very challenging, but I am so enjoying the challenge. My shoulder is still not 100% but it is okay, I certainly notice a decrease in strength in that shoulder.

Sewing is great!!! I love it I am learning heaps. I am going to the craft expo with my mum next week to look at new machines. I bought some lovely glitter velvet fabric and have almost finished my first bikini out of it. Tonight I’m starting on a new one. Practice makes perfect.


I will be running kids from sport to sport for a lot of tomorrow! Rather do that than not have them play sport, my daughter is very good at soccer, one of her brothers is a great union player and the oldest is good at martial arts.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! :)

12 comments:

Tracey said...

Glad to see u back Ali - everything will soon pan out for the better. Congradulations on the new program, hope all goes well.

RaeC said...

That seems a bit unfair that you need to resubmit or redo your assignments because a lecturer has disappeared!! Just remember...

“If you will call your troubles experiences, and remember that every experience develops some latent force within you, you will grow vigorous and happy, however adverse your circumstances may seem to be.”
John Heywood


The little pirate sounds like he is a very wise young man. The way he is relating to his father and asking for what he needs from him will only strengthen their bond.

It is great to hear that there are some great things happening in your life too... it sounds as though you may have found a great thing with sewing!!

I hope you had a lovely weekend xxx

Raw Food Girl said...

Hello Ali,
Please hang in there with uni! Im ready to pull the plug, but just keep going! U can do it! It sucks that u have to re do your assignments!
Glad that u r enjoying sewing!
Keep it up and hang in there, it will get better! I think a lot of us have been going through some crap, not sure why??? All for a reason!
Have an awesome week.
Love Sandra xxx

Deb said...

I'm sorry about your situation with your husband. You and your littel one's are in my prayers. Training is our Ggodsend, isn't it? Here's to your health (in EVERY way!)

Splice said...

Poor little Jacob :-(, why do they have to go through things like this at such a young age? I hope he is able to handle it well. Having you in his life would make his life so much better.

Im glad to hear your training and cardio are going well (apart from the shoulder). It's great when you see the results of your hard work, it makes you want to keep going.

Have a great week,

Deb.

P.s. No way should you have to re-do your assignment grrrr, whats with that?

Cat said...

Hope things are going better for you this week Ali. What course are you doing at uni?

Well done re the exercise & hope things work out for your little guy & his dad.

Cheers,
Cate

LizN said...

Dear Ali,

I am crossing my fingers that you will not have to re submit your assignment. Uni is tough at any time without this stress.

I am sorry to hear about your break up. Jacob looks like one gorgeous child.

Keep up those RPM classes.

Big hugs
Liz;)

Em said...

Don't the little ones grow up soo fast! Jasmine is just so amazing the things she say's and the things she can do all by herself is just wonderfull and annoying hehe a demanding little bugger she can be LOL

I am sure that your little one will get over missing his dad in his own time and way and the best thing you can do is just be there for him :)
Your doing your very best what more could alittle boy want from his mum:)

A bikini you must post some pic's!!

I hope all goes well with your uni work :)

Keep up all the hard work hun!
Em:)

Ali said...

Tracey, Thanks for the encouragement, and all the best with your challenge as well

Rae, what ever it takes I will try and avoid resubmitting work!! Thanks for that quote its awesome! I sure love sewing. And your right Jacob is pretty cluey

Sandra, not long for you to go now!! Thanks for the support, just what I needed

Deb, thanks I appreciate it a lot

Splice, life is a bit unfair sometimes to kids, I suppose it will only make him more resilient in the long run, and he has heaps of people how love him so very much

Things are going much better thanks Cate!!

Liz thanks and if all goes well I won’t have to resubmit any assignments,

Em they sure do grow up to fast, and thanks for the support, much appreciated

Thanks heaps girls for your kind supportive comments, means a lot to me, XXX
Ali

Kerry said...

Hang in there Alison.
That photo of you and Jacob is just gorgeous.
Your new training schedule sounds like it is just the thing.
I don't know if ever I want to try spinning, it sounds like a love/hate relationship that probably hurts.

Love to you and your family
Kerry

Miss Positive said...

Oooh a new weight training program - yahoo!! Love it when its all new, and it makes every muscle ache!!

Good to hear that you're loving your sewing classes... have you practised your sequin sewing yet?? :)

Hope you're having a great week.

Hilary xx

Jodi said...

That's not fair about your uni assignments!!!! Do you still have copies of all of them??

I didn't realise you had separated from your husband? I must have missed something somewhere along the line....I am really sorry for your and your family Ali...I pray that you and your family are able to grow and become a stronger family.....my dad never wanted me and left the moment I was born.....my mum was my mum and dad to me and my brother, we have an extremely strong relationship and are very protective of each other.

I am glad you are enjoying your sewing and your training. Sometimes it is the little things in life that keeps us going and makes us happy.

Your a beautiful person inside and out and your strong determined personality will get you through these tough times.....plus you beautiful children!!!

Take care Ali!!!