Thursday, August 10, 2006




Floriade A.C.T.!

what a pretty picture :)



Well doesn’t time just get away from you sometimes, seems like I posted just a couple of days ago and in fact it was a week ago!

Not a lot to report, still loving my sewing, went to the craft fair today with mum and purchased a new machine!!! I have been wanting/needing to do this since I started back sewing. I can’t wait to get home, as it had to stay at the craft show until Monday.

Still not over enthused about uni, but on the other hand we are so very lucky in this country that I can go back to school and study, to further my education and improve mine and my kids circumstances in the long run. I will endeavour to do a lot on my assignments over this weekend as I will have some time to myself. There I put it in writing, so I will report back on my success in doing so!! Funny I have come so far and been enthused all the way through my degree, and now that the end is in site I loose enthusiasm, what the ?@?!! the human brain, or mine in particular can be peculiar organs.

I have been training very hard. You know my legs are still sore from training them on Monday! Now that is a record for me I think. A guy at my gym asked me this morning if I had injured myself after watching me come down the stairs LOL! Was just because I was walking a little funny!!

I’ve noticed a little warmth occasionally in the air, and it feels like spring is approaching. I just love spring it is my favourite time of year, here we are lucky to have so many bulbs that flower and trees that blossom!! Made me realise I can’t wait!! I often think like this around the same time each year, and lone and behold we usually have a good hit of two of cold weather before spring really makes itself known.

Well everyone have a great weekend once it comes around, I will report back on my study achievements!!

11 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Ah good to hear that you are walking like you just got off your horse!! Must have been a GRRREAT workout!

Funny how sometimes you put your heart and soul into something and then the enthusiasm wanes at the end, I get a bit like that too. Good luck getting those assignments done!

Hilary xx

Janew said...

Hi Ali,it is starting to be a nicer time of the year in the ACT.Im so over winter and cant wait for spring!..like you said though Im still sure winter is with us!
Great work on your session at the gym!
jane :)

Splice said...

Now I remember Canberra to be cold up until October lol. I shouldn't laugh, that is why I left, because it too cold there brrrrrr.
Hope it warms up soon.

Good job on the weights Ali, but you always seem to stick to the program really well. Well done.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the sewing.

Cat said...

The flowers look beautiful! Spring should hit soon for you, & while those Qld girls make fun of your Canberra cold - be encouraged - it's even worse over here in NZ! lol!!!

Still curious as to your course - you mentioned education & music -we should talk - I have a B.Mus.Ed from the Sydney Con.

All the best,
Cate

Kerry said...

Ali, If i can help just drop me an email.
It's good to feel sore and Hilary's comparison to feeling like you've been on a horse is so true.

Enjoy the warm.

Kerry xox

Sam D-M said...

Hi Ali,

I too have noticed a weather change..... it is getting lighter earlier - yipee! Soon their will be light when I am doing my cardio - bring on spring:-)

Hope you chipped away at those assignments...

Sam

LizN said...

Ali, I just love those flowers. I'm looking forward to slightly warmer weather!

Hugs
Liz :)

Jodi said...

Good to see you had a great leg session!!! Must have been pretty full on!!!

I hope you get your enthusiam back about your degree, I think it is normal for us to lose sight of our goals from time to time....it probably didn't help that your assignment where lost!

Good luck with your assignment writing on the weekend....hope you get some peace and quiet and get alot done.

Take care!

Em said...

Come on where are those bikini pics!!!
We want to see your handy work :)
Lovely pic of the flowers makes you smile when you see pretty things like that.
Hope your legs are feeling better? Must have been a killer workout:)
Em:)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site Bbw screen savers Topamax syndrome x Tennis seattle subaru seat bolsters removal jeep axle swaps how to stop taking topamax Classic soft trim seat covers Lance armstrong cancer awareness bracelet Calculating car lease payments online lease calculator makes Proactiv cleanser http://www.hilton-hotel-7.info/henry-hotel-miami.html Saab oem parts