Sunday, August 27, 2006

Not a lot to report on this past week, I am plugging along with uni work. I have had a very good week, training and eating wise. Starting to feel and SEE a positive difference especially in my legs, it is certainly motivating and encouraging me along.

One exciting thing is that we have booked for Melbourne PHATT camp 07”. So that is an awesome experience to look forward to for next April, before we know it will be upon us!!

Still finding it a challenge to do my uni work, can’t believe just how long it is taking me to get through some of my work. I actually went to speak to someone at uni who was very helpful. They brought to my attention that I was experiencing grief, never thought of my relationship break up like that, but it sure made sense. Just thought I was being lazy, unmotivated and on an unconscious level using the breakup as an excuse to slack off. I was even questioning if I even wanted to be a teacher any more.

However what they said made so much sense and I could relate easily to it and relate then to why I was finding it so hard to concentrate and focus on tasks at hand, except for eating and the gym. Great strategy they gave me was to just do 15 minutes study then have a rest for 5 minutes until and hour is past then have an hour off and then repeat so to speak, well I’m trying it (my version anyway) and at least I have written most off my essay, even if it isn’t going to be my best quality work it will be DONE!!

Today I am having a nice relaxing day, I want to finish my essay, go to the markets, and train at the gym, no kids here today!!! Don’t get me wrong I adore my children, but occasionally absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!!


Hope everyone is having an awseome weekend!!! XXX

3 comments:

LizN said...

Don't worry Ali, I can totally relate to enjoying a "kid free" day! Sounds like the counselling really helped - you've been through a tough time and I reckon it takes time to heal. I would love to do Phat Camp too.

Hugs
Liz ;)

Miss Positive said...

Hi Ali

I'm glad you went to talk to somebody, sometimes they can make you see things that you just hadn't realised.

I cant believe you've booked your Phat camp ticket already!! I think I'm going to do the Gold Coast one next year - they sound like lots of fun and hard work!

Hope you have a great week.

Hilary xx

Splice said...

I haven't tried Phat camp but have heard all the hype about it. Looks like I might have to try it out with Hilary ;-)

ALi, sometimes it takes an out sider to see things that you don't and ca't see for yourself. It is a good thing it has been brought to your attentio, this way you can understand yourself better, or talk to someone about it in more deepth if needed. It all helps :-)

Plus you have us too, always!!!

Hugs,

Deb.