Saturday, August 19, 2006









I am so enjoying the weather lately. You know when you get those sings of warmer weather to come, the sun gets up a little earlier goes to bed a little later, it seems brighter, blossoms are appearing and there is a distinct feel in the air. YIPPY!!!! Bring it on!!!!

Well I have had a couple of very serious talks to myself about my studies and at last I have taken notice of myself, pulled my head in and seriously started on my assignments…… about time. I’m writing an essay on the best teaching strategies to change children’s environmental practices. I’ve made a good start, will continue to plug away at it over the week and then one thing will be done. I will then move on to the next one. A resource and work book for kids on building resilience. Then a unit of work on water conservation. Then the next……………….

Jacob has had bad tonsillitis all week, this has affected the number of workout I have had, however I am about to go to the gym to get a good workout in and a spin class a little later……. I LOVE SPIN. Sam and Liz are right it is addictive!!!

Overall though my training and eating is coming along very well, won’t say to much don’t want to jinx myself…hehe

Life is an interesting journey isn’t it. I am one of those people who like to ask why all the bloody time... And as much as it is good to get to the bottom of things, understand issues, situation, circumstances, and grow from them...ect… Sometimes it is just not necessary, possible or appropriate.......... I’m slowly learning that

LOL The White Stripes just came onto Rage singing The Door Bell and I said 'I like this song' and my almost 16 year old said '…. Is it old'….. LOL kids !!! gotta love em

Have a great weekend everyone

7 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Dont you just love teenagers!! I LOVE that White Stripes album, I play it incessantly.

Hey what happened to you saying you "Love to hate" spinning - now you say "I LOVE SPIN"... Way to go!!

Hilary xx

Janew said...

Hi Ali,Yes its a great time of the year when it starts to finally warm up here!Been so much nicer to do my cardio outside and not freeze my butt off ;)
Hey what gym do you train at?

Splice said...

I heard it was warming up a little in Canberra, that's great! It changes your mood big time :-).

You are writing an essay on the best teaching strategies to change children’s environmental practices.
This sounds really interesting.
Having an 8 and half year old son and only wanting the best for his education I understand how important teaching is at school, but also at home too.

Good luck with that Ali :-)

Deb xxx

Cherie said...

Hiya Ali,

Sounds like you are doing well with your training!! Spin class is great isn't it - I haven't done many classes but when I did do it, it absolutely killed me!

Poor little Jacob...I hope he is better! I know how bad it is for an adult...poor little fing!

16 year old!!! How good do you look for having a 16 year old...pretty damn good I reckon!

Take care Ali ;o)

Sam D-M said...

Hi Ali,

I hope Jacob is feeling better soon.

Great to hear you getting stuck into those assignments, the topics sound very interesting.

Lovvveee the White Stripes.... is it old *i'm laughing*........

Sam

LizN said...

Hi Ali,

You deserve a bit of warm weather in Canberra I reckon.

I am resisting turning on the air con up here today - it doesn't seem right to require air con during winter...arrrgh :)

Hugs
Liz;)

Rachel said...

I love the blossoms in Canberra at this time of year and floriade. I did dread the pollen though come uni exam time as "the sign" I'd left studying too late! The weather change certainly does change your perspective on things ;)