Tuesday, July 25, 2006









Well not a lot happening here, uni is getting busier; I really have to give myself a kick in the bum as I am not that motivated to be there at present. Not sure what that is about, I better get bloody motivated as assignments are starting to roll on in!!

I have been doing a bit of soul searching lately trying to decide what I want in my life lately. If you don’t even know what you want how can you ask the universe for it?? It will come to me eventually I’m sure.

I’ve gone back to sewing for enjoyment, started last week, great teacher!! I can’t wait until tomorrow for my next lesson. Sewing is much more exciting than uni for me at present. At present I am learning how to sew elastic into stretch lycra and velvet. I am very pedantic and fussy with some things, so I am sure to annoy my teacher with this as I used to annoy my old teacher. If you are going to do it you got get it right!!!

My almost 16 year old came with me to the gym a couple of times last week. Was great to have someone to train with not sure if he is going to continue or not, I think he would much rather train with his mates.

I did an RPM class on the weekend and am just about to go to another one. Forgotten how much I love to hate them!! I enjoyed it, but it was bloody hard.

The pic is one I love of Jacob that his dad messed around with, anyway have a great day all!!! I’m off to RPM class

10 comments:

LizN said...

Know what you mean about RPM - hard when you're doing it but such a feeling of accomplishment when you are done ;)

Hugs
Liz;)

Em said...

Good luck with the sewing classes, i was thinking of buying myself a new machine i used to always make my own clothes i just lost intrest when jazzy came along not sure why???
I hope your sould searching comes up with the answers for you hun, nothing like feeling lost and unsure of what you really want!!
I think its in the air though, i have just resently got my mojo back:)
have fun at RPM
Em:)

Splice said...

Sewing you say? Maybe you can make contest bikinis and start a business ;-)

Jacob's picture is very clever, I like the way it turned out.

Have fun at RPM, hope you dont get a sore butt!

Deb

Raw Food Girl said...

I feel u with uni stuff! I went back to today and came home with the worst headache and felt sooo sick! Its the last semester and then im finished so its going to be a tough one! Hang in there
Love Sandra x

Kerry said...

You have been through a lot lately and it's probably natural that you go through this soul searching phase.
Enjoy the sewing and perservere with uni, it will be worth it in the end.
MY boys don't mind training with me at home or at a hotel but would draw the line at doing it somewhere friends might see them with their mum.
look after yourself.
Kerry

Sam D-M said...

Hello Ali!!!

Hehhe - love to hate RPM... guess what i am teaching tonight - RPM! I am covering a few classes for people while i am trying to stay off the road bike and let my body heel :-)

The universe will one day suprise you ;-)

Sam

Miss Positive said...

The sewing sounds like fun, how cool to actually be able to wear something you made...

RPM is a killer - what a great workout, cant believe you enjoy it!!

Hilary xx

Cat said...

Hi Ali,

I'm a mother to a 15 1/2 year old boy too. How cool that yours came to the gym with you!
All the best with the uni thng too -it must be in the water, I'm going through a "what shall I do when I grow up?" stage again & contemplating more uni.

Cheers,
CAte

RaeC said...

I would love to do some sewing classes!! I did a bit in high school and have been trying to follow patterns, but a sewing class sounds like a much better idea!! I must look into them. Have a great day xxx

Jodi said...

I hope you find inner peace with what you are looking for Ali - I think that is worth more than all the money and possessions in the world.

As for sewing......I am hopeless!!!! Not a strong point of mine!!!