Monday, July 17, 2006

Well what a marvellous weekend we had!! The comp was great, and just as importantly so was meeting up with Kimmy, Sue, Hilary, Sam, Margie and Kerry and Katie again. And meeting Jodie, Di, Cheryl, Lia, Rae, Bekki, and Jade for the first time was awesome!!

I enjoyed the company as much if not more than the comp. I stayed with Hilary and Kerry, both are just great girls!! We had a ball and they are such both wonderful company. It’s like we have been friends for ever.

The comp was awesome, some great competition, it is such an inspirational experience. All the girls who competed should be so very proud of themselves!! What a competition, I also got a new appreciation of just how much blood sweat and tears goes into competing!! It certainly isn’t for the light hearted.

After the comp we went out for a great meal in Lygon Street. What a feast, I never know what to order so having a smorgasbord really suited me because we could all have a little of this and that!! YUMMO!!! I think we all felt a little full and bloated after our desserts.

I would like to thank all the girls for making the whole experience a memorable and wonderful experience, can’t wait to do it again! :)

10 comments:

Kerry said...

Thanks for a lovely weekend Ali, I had a great time with you and Hilary. YOu both made it really special.
The comp was just as you said it was, a time to remember.
Love always
Kerry

Splice said...

You jet setter you ;-)
Im glad you had a great weekend. I read Hilary's blog and saw the pictures. Did you take any more pics?
Deb

Miss Positive said...

It was a fantastic weekend, one that I'll remember for a long time. Thanks for being great company, and introducing us to that Herbamare salt!!

Hilary xx

LizN said...

Ali,
Sounds like an awesome weekend. Hope you're coming to Nationals in October - will be able to meet you then.

Cheers
Liz N

jodie said...

Lovely to meet you Ali. It was such a good bunch of people to be with on the weekend. Everyone got along sooo well!! Anyway, take care over the week.

Jodie
xx

Kimmy said...

Hi Sweetie my Partner in Crime
Thank you so much for being there for me - will catch up with email -soon. What a great weekend, beautiful people, lots and lots of laughts - makes me smile just thinking about it. We will find you a bed in October - catch you soon.
Cant wait to be in the audience watching you -
Live with Passion - Kimmy

Sue Heintze said...

What a fantastic weekend it was! Thanks Ali, for being a part of it. I hope to see you again at the Nationals for another Lygon Street banquet??? :)

Sue
x

Sam D-M said...

Hey Ali,

Great to catch up with you on the weekend. If only I could have had the time to join you all for dinner, hopefully next time :-)

Sam

Ali said...

Kerry, thank you!! For a lovely weekend

Splice, thanks and sorry my camera was playing up and I didn’t get any good pics at all

Hilary, thanks so much for a great weekend, that salt is great!!

Liz, we sure will be able to catch up at the Nationals

Jodie, was lovely to meet you as well, and we did all get along great

Kimmy, was certainly my pleasure to be there for you!!

Sue, like I said to Kimmy was my pleasure to be there, you 2 girls are and did GREAT!!!

Sam, I so hope next time you can come out for dinner after!! Was great to catch up with you I look forward to the next time!

Rachel said...

sounded like it was a great weekend - I'm so jealous of all of you :)