Saturday, July 26, 2008

Machu-Picchu



Well another week gone by. I’m still rocking on and day to day I cannot believe I can feel better and better, some of my close friends and family are so intrigued with my abundance of energy, state of mind general appearance that they are eating more and more raw food as well! My Auntie has gone completely raw as well. Jacobs’s dad left for Peru today, were not long home from taking him to the airport, and when he gets back he is going to include as much raw food to his diet as he can as well.

Ok some people have asked where I get protein from, well greens, such as carrot tops, spinach, kale, wheat grass, rocket… the list is endless have far more protein than people generally think.

Goji berries have all essential amino acids and they are berries!
Spirulina and blue green algae are loaded with protein along with many other foods such as macca, bee pollen, hemp seed and quinoa.

The advantage of these sources of protein is that they are incredibly bio available.

I've been more consistent with my training, still room for improvement though so as of next week I'm thinking of including early morning cardio back in, Tomorrow I will nut out what and when. I've trained for years during ACT morning winters, but this one I've just not been inclined or inspired to at all. However I'll suck it up and get on with it. Think I will decide on some goals and set them out on here.

I've been including green smoothies lately in my diet, enjoying them, but a lot to get through as all the fibre is within them, unlike juice. But they have had a remarkable effect on my energy levels.

Been meditating regularly, anther bonus, and learning EFT.

I have to come to terms with the fact my gran is not going to be here for much longer and this is somewhere I just don't go!! As some of you are aware she is the most important adult in my life and probably been the only adult who has 'always' been there for me growing up. I reckon the EFT will greatly assist in helping me let her go and deal with the grief once she passes. I spoke to her in length the other day. She hasn't been up for a chat for quiet a while previously. For some the chat she was very with it, some parts well lets just say it is great to just hear her voice, she is not going to have and more radiotherapy, the lot she had was just to make her more comfortable.

It was a gorgeous day today!! Went to the Farmers Market early, took Nikita for a good walk, visited my cousin and took Warren to the airport (Jacob is beside his self with grief at present) I've got him to have a sleep, nothing like sleep for soothing the soul, and before he knows it his dad will be back.

Hope you all have an awesome weekend and live each day like there no tomorrow.

8 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Ali, I've been having a bit of kale lately. Took me a while to get used to the taste, but I quite enjoy it now. Glad things are going well for you.

Dianna Broeren said...

Wow Ali, you sound on top of the world! So great to hear you sounding terrific!
Di
XX

Magda said...

Hi Ali,

I'm really enjoying your blog lately because its so positive, enlightening and different. I think of what you're doing with the raw food and I think "oh thats too hard" but it seems worth the effort for you. I admire your dedication to this new healthi(er) lifestyle.

Magda

Kristen's Raw said...

I love green smoothies and green juices (which I affectionately call Plant Blood). So energizing!

I get a lot of protein from hemp... it's an amazing source or complete protein and comes equipped with the perfect ratio of essential fatty acids.

Cheers!
Kristen

Andrea said...

Hi Ali,
I find the whole raw food lifestyle very interesting. I was doing green smoothies for a while there and you are right - they are very filling. I would be interested to know what you put into yours!
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you about catching up - it has beena very hectic few months and I have beena bit sick. Sometime over the next month may be good though. I love the organic shop at the belconnen markets!
Andjxx

Kimmy said...

Hi Ali - sorry missed your text the other day. We will catch up soon for that chat. Busy week again so will talk Friday. I am in the process of doing my goals also. You sound on fire - go girl.
Live with Passion
Kimmy

RaeC said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry to hear about your Gran as I know how much she means to you. It is so nice that you got to have a long talk with her the other day though.

Stay strong and keep finding the enjoyment out of life and health that you have been lately. It is so lovely to see you so full of energy after everything you went through with your health previously xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali

So happy to hear you are on tops of things!!!! You sound so full of energy and full of life - unreal baby!!!! Keep it up x