Friday, July 18, 2008



I love the above pic, how cute!!! Jacob and his dog Nikita.

The pie in the picture is a raw chocolate pie that I recently made, well a few weeks ago now for my birthday. It was a raw chocolate, banana pie and it was delicious, all organic and all raw, who says raw vegan food needs to be boring.

So after eating an all organic raw vegan diet for almost 4 months now, I have decided to stay with it. I have never felt better and my health just keeps improving! Initially I wondered how I would get enough protein, could I maintain my weight training and keep my condition, would my energy levels improve or decline. Well all I can say is the proof is in the pudding and I feel better than I have since I can remember, I have also been meditating again which is about time.

So one reason I got ill in the first place was the high level of animal protein in my diet. Interestingly many practitioners I saw over the period of time while I was trying to get to the bottom of what was going on with my health including my Chinese alternative Doctor, the naturopath I saw and the Sandra Cabot Dr. I saw in Sydney suggested I was consuming too much dairy (whey)and animal proteins. That greatly contributed to affecting my liver, then eventually my whole endocrine system, including my adrenals, my thyroid and my kidneys. They eventually all jacked up, causing the symptoms and conditions I had.

Initially when told this I questioned it, I didn’t want to hear that or believe it, as like many of us I believed this was an effective, safe and healthy eating regime.

However after extensive researching I have done for myself, I would have to agree with them, so eliminating all non vegan protein out of my diet is what I have done and will continue to do so. You can get much better sources of protein from vegan sources and they are far more bioavailable to your body.

So I have been having a tremendous amount of fun and pleasure in experimenting with all things raw and vegan!! However now I have set myself a challenge. I initially dropped some weight, however I have stagnated a bit in that department lately due to lack of consistent cardio, I sprained both ankles would you believe and recently managed to hurt my left calf muscle. Along with this I have been consuming to much wonderful raw fat foods that contain fat, and although they are good for my health, like anything they need to be eaten in moderation. LOL

So the challenge over the next three months is to maintain the wonderful health I’m developing and loose the remaining excess fat I put on due to my thyroid and liver and kidneys not functioning properly.

I am committing to regularly blogging my results at least once a week.
Have a great weekend all!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali,

Great blog. I am interested in learning more about non animal protein sources. Are there any books you can recommend as a starting point??

Thanks

Jacque

Charlotte Orr said...

Lovely pics - cake looks yum!

Kimmy said...

Hello - wow sounds so interesting - we are all so different and it is so great that you are feeling great on this plan. I can't wait to follow your food intake. I sent an email - hope it gets to you. I will be off the air again until next Sunday when I get back home from Queensland.
Live with Passion
Kimmy

Kimmy said...

Hello - wow sounds so interesting - we are all so different and it is so great that you are feeling great on this plan. I can't wait to follow your food intake. I sent an email - hope it gets to you. I will be off the air again until next Sunday when I get back home from Queensland.
Live with Passion
Kimmy

Raechelle said...

That's really great Ali! I always heard that the raw diet is amazing...I guess you are proof of that!

Sam D-M said...

Hi Ali Cat!!

Jacob and Nikita look like they where having a ball. I cant wait for Jethro to start acknologing Odi. At the moment I think he thinks he is a big soft toy that walks around the house!

Will reply to your email soon :)

Sam

Kristy said...

Hey Ali

I would love to see the recipe for the raw cake. It looks delicous.

I have taken the first step of going vegetarian for a while to see how I feel, but I love the raw food idea as well.

Thanks
Kristy

Miss Positive said...

LOL that photo of Jacob and Nikita is so cute!!

Sounds like eating organic raw foods is really working wonders for you Ali, so great to hear! Hope your ankles and calf muscle are all ok now.

Hilary xx

Anonymous said...

Once a week blog sounds good to me, something's better than nothing I always say Ali. :o) xxx