Sunday, February 17, 2008

Well the results for the blood tests have warranted further testing of my thyroid, seems I have hypothyroidism, don’t know the severity or degree of this or what has caused it at this stage.

My initial reaction was one of a kind of relief and optimism, I know this may be strange but considering I have been eating to plan and training very hard and getting no results what so ever in regard to body fat loss, at least this explains why!! Must say though my cardiovascular fitness is coming along in leaps and bounds, BOOT CAMP ROCKS!!!! Let’s just hope also that I’ve built some good muscle as well over the last 5 months under this insulation . LOL.

I have another Dr's appointment tomorrow after work, so I am very much looking forward to this and finding out more information. At this stage I have no idea what has caused it, apparently there are a few causes, or how severe it is and what the Dr’s suggestion will be. The naturopath has postponed giving me anything else for it until we know more.

9 comments:

jodie said...

Hello Ali
Good you have got some answers. With this you should be able to move forward in fixing it. Boot Camp sounds awesome, gotta love being pushed hard!
Take care
Jodie
xx

Anonymous said...

I can understand the relief and optimism, its great to be able to put a name to what is happening.

Raechelle said...

Always feels good to at least be getting answers instead of having to keep guess! At least then you know what you can look into to manage it!

Sam D-M said...

Hi Ali Cat,

I am thinking of you, and yes I understand your relief at getting an answer :)

If you need to talk please email me :)

Sam

Charlotte Orr said...

Hey Ali, hope your appointment went well today. At least you are finally getting some answers. Have a great week.

Lisa said...

I agree that it is good to get answers. I don't wish to jump to conclusions but I think you will find quite a few Figure/body building girls with the same issue. Good luck with the resolution.

Lisa

Magda said...

Hi Ali,

Fingers crossed that your hypothyroidism is sorted out and you can forge ahead with your training and competing goals.

Good luck

Magda

Sue Heintze said...

Ali, that really is some good news - nothing worse than having no answers. So, now you can do something about it. Sorry I've been missing, hope to catch up soon. I read you are visiting Kimmy in April, are you still coming here too?

Sue
x

Em said...

I hope you have ebeen given more info about your problem and that you can now work on a plan of attack!
Your attitude is fantasstic hun, stay positive and you will beat it :)
Em:)