Saturday, February 09, 2008

LOVELY DAY HERE TODAY

I have had a pretty good week, did three Boot Camp classes, I could actually feel and see an improvement in my overall performance in these, so that’s good.

I caught up with some mates and will see another one this afternoon, that’s always good.

Started to organise work for next week, don’t find out the year level I am teaching until Monday, I will be on a release role, which means I have a variety of year levels each day I am working. At this stage I’ve got three days next week. Pretty good, because school has only just gone back and we don’t always get work this early in the term :)

I went to see a naturopath last week, due to not understanding why or being able to do something productive about losing the weight I have put on post comp, don’t get me wrong I do not have unrealistic expectations at all in regard to post comp weight gain. I had a break from training at the end of last year, I have consistently been training again, feel good, energy levels are good, sleep is good. But body fat does not want to shift. My normal day to day clothes just don't fit.Not sure as to why this is occurring that annoys me in its self. I like to know why.And when I say I have stuck to my nutrition, I have.

Although her approach and her beliefs towards nutrition differs quite a lot to mine and what I would do and how I would go about trying to get the fat off, my approach hasn’t been working, so I agreed to follow her suggestions for one month. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I also had a blood test done yesterday at the Dr’s, so will wait for these results and hope all tests are good.

I am off to do a spin class and get some shopping, hope you all have a great weekend, it's a lovely day here today

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the new approach to your nuurtition.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend before you have to hit the classroom on Monday

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Ali,

Will be interested to hear how you go with your nutrition. Sounds like you will be getting plenty of variety with your work! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Raechelle said...

Yes, it will be very interesting to see how the naturopath's approach works-and you feel after a month.
Good luck with that! And hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing!

Em said...

Good luck with the new approach hun hope it all works out :)
It's great that you are getting work so soon after holidays you must be stoked :)
Good luck for the week hun:)
Em:)

Lisa said...

I am sure you will find the answers with the naturopath. You have to believe the process and then your body will follow.

I had similar issues post comp with bodybuilding - it is very tough on your system, esp hormonally.

You will be ok.

Lisa

Ali said...

Thanx heaps girls for the supportive comments, time will tell how it goes, and I'll keep you posted;)

Have a great week

Ali xxx

little rene said...

Good luck Ali.

It must be very frustrating to be so consistent and not see the results :(

I hope this new approach works for you. Glad to hear you are getting lots of work. I am finding it weird to not be at school. I keep expecting bells to ring to tell me when to eat etc!

Miss Positive said...

Hope the blood test results were ok, and hope the new nutrition plan starts working for you.

Sounds like your work will be interesting teaching all those different grades!

Hilary xx