Thursday, December 13, 2007

Well two weeks ago my computer, phone and modem blew up in an electrical storm, so I have not had internet access since and have been so busy haven’t had the time or the inclination to log on at uni or the library. Today I had some spare time after my spin class, Jacob is with his dad and my other kids are all out and about, so I thought I would quickly post.

Training is going great, food is good, trying a new approach, not sure yet if my body agrees with it, time will tell. I wonder if I have done damage to my metabolism with the lead up to my last comp, with the extreme measures my mate and I took. I have been eating clean for about 4 weeks now, and don’t see any positive changes a all, but like I said this approach is new to me that I am trying, so will persevere for a little bit longer. Must say I don’t like carrying this extra weight, my jeans don't fit and I have metal plates in one ankle and that ankle is not happy with the extra weight on it. I’m trying to just ignore the fat gain, and just get on with doing something positive towards removing it. If I stress about it, it doesn’t help the situation at all.

I have been teaching a great deal these last few weeks, and tonight I went and enrolled in Post Grad studies, gosh I think I am mad, I am going to do Post Grad studies in inclusive education and teaching strategies and best approaches ect for autistic children. I did want to do this eventually, won’t go into what motivated me to do it now at this time.

My 18 year old is at his formal for year 12 tonight, he got early entry into ANU to do Physics, so he is happy and I am happy for him, as it is one of his passions. He has been going to uni for the past two years, since he was 16 doing a bridging course into the sciences there.

Well I have to get on home, lots to get done for tomorrow, I’ve been with year 5/6 all week. Lets just say some off them are very cheeky and I find that while experience character building, it is very tiring at times. Take care all xxx

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

Hi Ali, I was starting to worry about you - glad to see you are still with the living :).
Great to see your eating and training is on tract.
Live with Passion
Kimmy

RaeC said...

Good luck with the new approach Ali. I hope it starts getting results soon. It will take a while for your body to respond to any changes, so hang in there!! xxx

Miss Positive said...

You obviously love teaching and studying Ali!! Its awesome that you are now doing what you always wanted to do.

Good luck with your new training approach, its good to try new things and find out what works for us. I think I need to try a new approach too - or maybe just not eat so much LOL!!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Hilary xx

Em said...

Good on you hun, Talk about keeping busy LOL
You have a fantastic approach to your weight it must be hard getting you body into such great shape in the comp season and then losing it but i am sure with your positive attitude you will find a happy medium during off season :)
I feel sorry for you it's not all that long ago that i was school student and i remember i used to push my teachers buttons LOL
Have a great weekend hun:)
Em:)

Kimmy said...

Hi Ali - me again - answer to your email - no I did not buy the books :) I have been enjoying myself too much - just maintaing at the moment but not doing that too well :) hey but it is Xmas :).
Just like to wish you and your family and that lovely cousin of yours Karyn a wonderful Xmas and A very Happy New Year. Look forward to following your wonderful journey in 2008. I am just filling in my 2008 diary now and one thing I do know is that my 2008 is going to be jam packed. Be good and Live with Passion - Kimmy