Friday, December 21, 2007

Well not as great deal to report. Had my last day of work for the year yesterday. Schools here are officially on holidays from today. My daughter has already flown down to Adelaide for Christmas one of my sons and I fly down on Monday night. I’m looking forward to the break and catching up with family. Hopefully while there I will be able to catch up with a dear friend who will be also having Christmas In SA, she sold her home this year and bought a 21 foot motor home and has been travelling ever since, that’s my idea of fun!!

I’ve been doing my own thing at the gym which has included quite a few spin classes, hadn’t done any for some months. So they are challenging as always and I’m slowly building up the kind of cardiovascular fitness they need so to speak. I have had some great workouts, this week including legs and back. I wouldn’t do this all the time but for a change I have worked intuitively, meaning I have a body part in mind that I want to work on but decide what exercises I do once at the gym. I’ve really enjoyed it and worked very hard.

I’m hoping that my weight has stabilised which it appears too, honestly it didn’t seem to matter what I ate, good bad, or indifferent after my last comp, I stacked on weight, I think my body thought I was starving it, which in fact I probably was, ummm it’s all a learning curve. (Still haven’t got on the scales, but my jeans still don’t fit) I intend to try and slowly drop some over the next few months with out to strict a diet as such, we will see, I’ve been wondering if I m an all or nothing kind of person, I may resort to a strict regime if I don’t manage to progress to much over the next few weeks.

We have had some great rain!! It’s been well needed, I hope it continues for some time. I planted a veggie garden a few weeks back, however snails and cabbage moths sure made short work of quite a few things, even though I used a natural spray, I planted to late so they weren’t established enough to withstand the little buggers.

Well Jacob is hassling me to watch a Christmas Pooh Bear DVD with him before bed, so better go and do so, hehe just looked over to him and he is almost asleep the cutie, take care all and enjoy your weekend

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a very merry xmas and safe and happy new year with your family in Adelaide Ali. And thank you for your lovely comment tonight, it was just what I needed to hear. :o) xx

Kerry said...

Merry Christmas Ali,
Have a great time in Adelaide with your family.
Love Kerry

SeLiNa said...

Hey Ali,
Just a quick one to with you and your family a safe, healthy and happy Christmas!!
(I hope your body decides to play nice as well!!) :)

Miss Positive said...

Sounds like training is going great Ali, its so good to do something different for a change.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas in Adelaide!

Hilary xx

LizN said...

Have a very Happy Christmas Ali and a lovely new Year ;)

hugs
Liz N

LizN said...

Have a very Happy Christmas Ali and a lovely new Year ;)

hugs
Liz N

Tara said...

Hi Ali, Hope that you have a wonderful xmas and new year.

Tara :o)

Em said...

I bet the family is looking forward to christmas :)
Good to hear training has gone well, i am sure you will have those jeans falling off you :)
Have a safe flight:)
Em:)

Raechelle said...

Hi ALI! thanks again for stopping by! We just started a veg patch too! Our first! That's how my hip and back got worse-overcompensating one for the other to try to avoid pain-ended up worse off LOL!
Looking forward to reading more of your blogs!
Cheers and good luck with keeping the weight where you want it!