Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What a lovely winters day it is here in ACT today!! Both Jacob and I have the flu, I feel not too bad though (lets hope it stays that way) we are at home together, his nose is a running tap, so I kept him home from child care. It is so gooodddd to catch up on domestic jobs I have been putting off due to lack of time to get it all done lately.

Sam has advised me to have a week off cardio, thank goodness because I have been suffering from some kind off exhaustion for a few weeks now and it’s not pretty. Waiting for blood tests the doctor did to come back later in the week. Hoping there s nothing amiss and that it will just pass once I catch up with sleep and rest.

So unfortunately I will not compete at the All Females in July, I’ve lost far too much ground and time now. So I will now concentrate on WNBF and INBA in my own state mid September and October. I was a bummed out about this but as Sam says my health is more important than any comp, so true.

I have got some very good marks for the exams at tech, and one back from uni that was great, and thank goodness as I needed the marks to bump my overall mark up. I have missed quite a few Thursday night First Aid classes so not sure if I will be able to sit for that exam at all, must find out before I go to Adelaide. I have done First Aid to many times to remember but never good if you can’t make the classes, Thursday night was often the night my mentoring teacher wanted to plan for teaching. That had to be my priority at the time.

I have to write a formal job application, shit I have never had to before for any job I have had, so I find it very daunting (more so than an assignment actually)… ow well it will be an accomplishment once I have done it.

10 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Ali that is no good that you and Jacob are under the weather, hope you both feel better soon!

Sorry to read that you wont be competing in the All Females, but you're so right, your health comes first and there will always be other comps! I cant believe its been almost a year since last years! Wish I was going again...

Good luck writing the job application!

Hilary xx

Kimmy said...

Hi Ali - hope you are feeling well soon. I got your email but my home computer is down, my work one is feeding my emails to my laptop and my laptop will not let me reply to the emails. Bloody computers :) Anyway thank you it was so nice to hear from you and I will send reply as soon as all working again.
Take some time out and rest that is the only way to recover and yes your health is sooooo important. I really think our bodies get a big fragile competing especially when we are soooooo busy fitting everything else into our days as well. As Hilary said there will always be other comps and who knows Margie and I may be able to come along again if it is October :) But hey I am not touching any stoves :)

RaeC said...

Sorry to hear you have had a bump in the road. With everything you are trying to manage in your life while preparing though, I guess we shouldn't be suprised that your body has forced you to slow down.

I hope you do make the INBA because I would love to see you at the Nationals... especially as they are being held in the ACT!! With your determination, fighting spirit and internal fire, I have no doubt you will be there!!

Look after yourself honey xxx

LizN said...

Dear Ali,

I think you made the right decision. I think you'll be much happier prepping for shows later in the year ;)

Hugs
Liz;)

LizN said...

Dear Ali,

I think you made the right decision. I think you'll be much happier prepping for shows later in the year ;)

Hugs
Liz;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali
I cant stand it when im ill even more when my kids get sick it just breaks meheart.

good to see read ended on a positve note I was about to go on suicide watch LOL
have a good rest of the week Ali

Cheers Mike

Kerry said...

What a bummer Ali,
Your health is definitely more important, you have made the right decision.
Keep up with those fantasic uni results.

Kerry

Rachel said...

Get better Ail. Comps come and go but your health is soo important. Goodluck with the app.

Jaime-lee said...

thats right your health is foremost No.1 and like i tried to do 2 comps very close together, personally, i dont think its long enough for your body to recover and enough time to eat good quality nurtients for you to grow more and improve yourself. Oct is a good choice hun and less stressfull on the body.

So get better luv, it is great to hear UNI is going strong and your marks are great!

Have you come over yet?

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.