Monday, May 14, 2007

8 weeks 5 days to go

Well I have spent a lot of my weekend lesson planning for teaching this week. I have soul duty of care of the kids now for two weeks. I am very much looking forward to it, also a little bit nervous. So far it has been going very well. Can’t believe how much planning and work really has to go into preparing for teaching for the week.

I am feeling so much better; my teeth seem to have all settled down, and my flu symptoms have almost gone. So it is time to put bum in the air and get stuck in with ll thing to do with training and diet. Over the last two weeks my training has really suffered due to my heath upsets. When I consistently have crap training, which isn’t very often thank goodness my diet ultimately suffers.

I have just less than 9 weeks now until INBA All Females in Melbourne and my peanut butter cheeses cake thanks to Sam. So there will be no rest for the wicked here. I had quite a bit of self doubt over the weekend, until Sam reassured me. Reason was because of losing so much training over these couple of weeks and not eating 100% to my plan also I was concerned I would not be able to catch up and make improvements within the time frame. Anyways feel much better now!!!

So yesterday I was back at the gym to do legs and cardio. I am not very sore yet, but know by the end of today it will be a very different story. I also had my body fat tested, although I told him to keep the numbers to himself and I will have it redone in a few weeks to see the improvements, that will give me heaps of extra motivation, along with the fact that my family are coming over to Melbourne from Adelaide to watch and support me when I compete. Looking forward to that

Thanks for your lovely comment Sue and funny you should bring up my before pictures. I was just showing my cousin the other day. Sometime ago I lost them on my computer and completely forgot about them until I stumbled across them…… and frightened my self LOL Not funny really. I have also been considering posting them and have decided I will, if they help motivate anyone then that is a great thing. Just will take a bit of guts actually from my part and be prepared readers as they are not to pretty. So stay tuned and when I get a bit more time than I have at this moment I will post them.

Well had better get organised have a great day all.

8 comments:

Em said...

Hi hun, Glad to hear you are feeling better :)
I can't wait to see you in melbourne its going to be fantastic!! I am not quite sure what my plans are but i know i am going to be there just not sure if i will go to both shows??? but i have plenty of time to decide :)
Good luck with training!
Em:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali

train hard stay focused and 9 weeks will be there before you know it.
Glad to hear you fighting fit again

Keep living the dream Ali

Mike

Shar said...

Hey Ali
When I saw your title to this blog I nearly collapsed!! Although I have been counting down, it hadn't really sunk in!!
IT HAS NOW. Can't wait to meet you and take this bit of the journey together :)
I'll e mail you soon

Shar x

Miss Positive said...

Ali its great to hear that all your health issues have sorted themselves out now and you're back into your training. The next countdown begins!!

Good luck with the kids over the next couple of weeks, you'll be brilliant!

Hilary xx

PS That cheesecake sounds like its worth waiting for!

Splice said...

Hi Ali :-)
My goodness you back onto comp prep already!
I have no doubt that you will stay focused, your a determined woman ;-).
I will be checking to see if you put your "before" pictures up, it would be awesome to see how far you have come as you have already achieved so much.
Train hard and stay healthy,
Deb

RaeC said...

Fantastic to see that the tooth is on the mend and you are right back into it. You've got plenty of time to work hard, like my coach says "A month is a long time in bodybuilding!!"

You are such an inspiration and are a prime example of dedication to chasing your dream. You have many excuses as to why it is too hard to compete, yet you just get on and do it. You're a phenomenal example of working hard to get where you want.

Cannot wait to see you up onstage in July hon xxx

Jaime-lee said...

Hi hun! good luck with the little'ies for the next 2wks! you'll do great! and glad that tooth is better geez girl you couldnt pick a worse time to have a tooth problem LOL.

Stay tough these next 9weeks!

Jaime x

Em said...

How you going darl?
Keeping busy i bet :) hope all is well:)
Em:)