Sunday, September 24, 2006


Well long time no blog. I am still on prac it is full on and taking up a huge part of my life.

This prac has really given me an opportunity to hone in on my behaviour management skills. Not a bad bunch of kids, just a large number of very extroverted personalities all in the same class, all trying to demand to be the centre of attention, you get my drift I am sure. They are a challenge to keep on task.

His coming week is the last week I get the opportunity to teach for the whole week.

Must admit that my training hasn’t been up to scratch this week, as you know I have a shoulder injury, well it is more serious than I wanted to admit to myself, had it checked out by a physio. My rotator cuff is injured and probably has been for a while. To compensate for this I have developed bad habits, and as a result my chest is much stronger than my traps, which in turn is pulling my shoulders forward effecting my posture ect…. I have been advised to have a couple of weeks off. Well I have had one week off. However I also have been a bit slack with cardio. Not to worry I will b back into it with vengeance ASAP.

Actually over the last 6 or so weeks using a different nutrition tracking to before I have lost 5 kilos, so I am pretty stoked about that.

I would like to take this opportunity and wish all the girls competing in the very near future all the very best!!!!!!!


I am very much looking forward to meeting or catching up with some of you at the Nationals!!! Which my goodness, is on in only just under five weeks.

Well back to the grind I have to write a large number of lesson plans for the week, take care all, ow…. and by the way, I am totally over feeling sorry for my self and back to my optimistic self once again.


Last but certainly not least!!!!A heart felt thankyou to all those girls who were so very supportive towards me during this time. Really appreciated.

3 comments:

Splice said...

Hi Ali :-)
Im sorry to hear about your shoulder being worse then what you thought. Resting it is best and I know you will be back into it full swing as soon as you can.
The best thing now is to focus on your prac and the students.
Take care and have a great time at the Vics in 5 weeks :-)
Deb xxx

Sam D-M said...

Hiya Ali!

You sound like me...... in shoulder denial :p LOL

Good to hear you are feeling much better though. Looking forward to catching up - oh so soon :-)

Sam I Am

Kelly said...

Hi Ali,
I am a teacher and behaviour management will be the single most time consuming thing you will have to deal with in your career. I just had a prac student in my class and each day I would tell her to focus on behaviour management, the rest will happen!!!
Good luck with your prac and your shoulder,
Kelly