Tuesday, October 28, 2008


Been such a looonnggg time since I have blogged, and lots has happened.
Firstly congratulations to all the girls who competed, pics look awesome of what I have seen.

Secondly, we moved house. It is great much more room, but much less garden space, so that meant I could join the local organic community garden, alwaysed wanted too however had always had heaps of space to grow veggies. I still have a garden at home but will have more space at the community garden.

Been working flat out lately, both teaching and at the ANU food co-op. CIT is going along doing psychology of nutrition. Been going to Yoga again and loving that. ON the gym front very subdued, well was advised by more than one DR. and therapist to take it easy for a while so I sure have. I have got the go ahead to get back into training by my Dr. though, so by the end of the week I will get my bum into the gym.

Still eating 100% raw and LOVING IT!! Never felt or looked healthier, having repeat bloods done tomorrow so will be interesting in what they show. Now I am wanting to focus on shifting some of the weight gain from all this hassle. I am hoing that once everything normalizes the weight will shift. Got on the scales in Adelaide and had lost 7 kgs over the last 7 months LOL!! At least it hadn’t gone in the opposite direction as it was so dramatically 7 months ago, and must say I have not been focusing on weight loss just health and repairing my thyroid, liver and kidneys, ect.

My gran passed away a couple of weeks ago, I was fortunate to have spent the previous week with her, still hurts like hell, however she is in a better place. My gran, unlike my parents had been my only true care giver growing up, and has alwayesd loved me unconditionally, my childhood was filled with all sorts of abuse and my gran was one person I could depend on. Enough said there. My kids and I will miss her dearly.

Well I had better get on. Will try and make an effort to blog a little more often.

9 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi Ali

Sorry to hear about the loss of your gran.

Just wondering how do you find out about community gardens? That sounds like a great idea and how do they work?

It's great to see you back again.

Kristy

Splice said...

So sorry to hear about your Gran, thankfully you had some time with her before she passed away.

You do sound really good and really healthy! I'm so glad all is going well for you. I hope you have settled in nicely in your new place.

Welcome back :-)

Deb

Sam D-M said...

Hi Ali Cat, I have missed you.

So sorry to hear about your Gran, I know how much she ment to you. Big hugs from WA.

I am happy to hear how healthy you have been. And isnt it interesting when you focus on health the weight falls off :)

Thinking of you.
Sam

Em said...

Sorry for your loss sweetie.

It is nice to hear that you have moved and are doing the things you love :)

Em:)

RAWCUS said...

thank you so much guys for your comments :)

little rene said...

Hey Ali!

So sorry to hear about your Gran :(

I am glad that you got to spend lots of time with her though.

Sounds like your health is improving which is fantastic :)

jodie said...

Hello Ali
So sorry to hear about your Gran passing because I know how close you were to her. Grans are certainly special people.

Sounds like your health is on the mend and your body is finally healing. Hope this road continues for you. Take care my friend.
Love
Jodie
xx

Kimmy said...

Hello - Ali I am so sorry to hear about your Nan I know how close you were but she will be resting in peace and looking down on you always taking care of you.
My exciting news is that David my son and his girlfriend, Jess had a beautiful little girl last week - "Bella Grace" she is just so cute :.
Still not at gym and lots happening as usual but just about to start back again also - this time we will keep in contact :)

Live with Passion
Kimmy

Sue Heintze said...

Hi Ali – I am so sorry to hear your gran passed away. I guess you knew it was coming, but still, it doesn’t make it any easier. Good to read you are doing well otherwise.

Sue

x
PS I don't think I have your new email address.